Zone 4 Moose Hunt

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Don't forget you aren't allowed to protect yourself with a gun in Canada either, its not your right, gotta lay down and take it like a champ. :rolleyes:

Does that mean Justin’s body guards wouldn’t shoot someone to defend him? Or is that the only time “self defense with a firearm” is allowed. Seems pretty friggin one way if that’s the case.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Just googled it and it looks like unvaccinated visitors to Canada can enter with proof of a valid negative covid test within 72 hours of entry.
Maybe ole Justin could lap my balloon knot 3 days prior to me seeing the Canadian side of Niagara falls. If he doesn’t get Covid, I should be all set to enter? 😂🤣

JDK

Reaction score
Where did you cross into Quebec and where did you have internet service to register?

My comment remains. The absolute last resort would be planning to go into Canada from the NMWs. Big difference sitting on your couch, reisgtering, and cursing ata 24 hour station than riding around on E looking for service and hoping that the crossing is open. Those crossings were really designed for the logging industry and their workers.

lester2

Reaction score
Where did you cross into Quebec and where did you have internet service to register?

My comment remains. The absolute last resort would be planning to go into Canada from the NMWs. Big difference sitting on your couch, reisgtering, and cursing ata 24 hour station than riding around on E looking for service and hoping that the crossing is open. Those crossings were really designed for the logging industry and their workers.
I entered at the Stanstead, Quebec port of entry and registered at my home in VT.

Huntermc6

Reaction score

I don't think I will be doing that. We are not far from Pittston Farm so I will probably gas up there when necessary. I'm sure their gas prices are higher than most since they usually are but it beats carrying a truck bed full of 5 gallon cans for a week.

groundtender

Reaction score
I don't think I will be doing that. We are not far from Pittston Farm so I will probably gas up there when necessary. I'm sure their gas prices are higher than most since they usually are but it beats carrying a truck bed full of 5 gallon cans for a week.
Bring a couple cans then, in case their tanks are empty. Just sayin’

Meatseeker

Reaction score
I always left firearms and ammo in the woods before I crossed. Like I said, both sides were pretty laid back. Also it was always pre-covid. Another big benefit: the Canadian version of Little Debbie Snack Cakes far exceeds the Little Debbies we are stuck with. No question the graphics on the box are worth the trouble. My wife says it’s obscene!!!
Little Debbie grew up and turned into Debbie Does Dallas! :ROFLMAO:

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Their prices only seem high once you realize you have bought 25% water. 😂

Huntermc6

Reaction score
Should we be hunting around water that late in the season or will all the moose have moved on to dryer areas? I've read a lot about cows hanging close to water throughout the rut but we will be hunting a few weeks after the moose rut is over.

groundtender

Reaction score
Should we be hunting around water that late in the season or will all the moose have moved on to dryer areas? I've read a lot about cows hanging close to water throughout the rut but we will be hunting a few weeks after the moose rut is over.
I did an early November moose hunt in Z3 in 2011. I saw moose, bulls and cows, everywhere. For what it’s worth, the biggest group, about 8, were right in the water. Other individual sightings were in or near water, none near road, but I never spent much time on roads in daylight. Good luck to you, should be fun

Latest posts