zone 1

skinner

Reaction score
friends left for camp this am for cow moose hunt next week, others came back with nice 880 lb bull last hunt. hope to get back one more trip before freeze up for couple more birds.

groundtender

Reaction score
I was trying to get up north myself for some birds on zone 4, but doesn’t look like it’s happening. Youth day locally by the looks of it for me.
Spent two nights at Boulets in zone 4. Thursday to Saturday. Birds were slow for us. Everyone said Wednesday the birds were really showing up. Dog guys did pretty good, road riders, not so. Entered from Millinocket, left via SB Access and KD Rds to 201. Big bunch of hunters at Mile 2 camp on KD Rd.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Spent two nights at Boulets in zone 4. Thursday to Saturday. Birds were slow for us. Everyone said Wednesday the birds were really showing up. Dog guys did pretty good, road riders, not so. Entered from Millinocket, left via SB Access and KD Rds to 201. Big bunch of hunters at Mile 2 camp on KD Rd.
Hope you had a good time. Guys were saying the birds are slowing down. 3 weeks of everyone shooting their limit will do that. My hunting partner hit our spots south of the golden road yesterday and road birds were hard to come by. He said his pointer put him on 9 in the woods, but he only got one of those.

Mile 2 bear camp? Yeah, I think the younger guys have been in there hard the last few years from what I have seen. One of the younger sons of one of the owners shot a smasher back 2 seasons ago that I got to see. They pack them in there.

Headed up Friday for opening day. Counting down the minutes. I mean it makes sense I have 8 bucks 200 yards from my house and I’ll travel 200 miles to walk in the woods with my gun. 😂

medrhunter

Reaction score
Headed up Friday for opening day. Counting down the minutes. I mean it makes sense I have 8 bucks 200 yards from my house and I’ll travel 200 miles to walk in the woods with my gun. 😂
Good luck. Leave a few for the rest of us!
Can't wait till we hit the road.
Hopefully catch you up there 1 night

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Good luck. Leave a few for the rest of us!
Can't wait till we hit the road.
Hopefully catch you up there 1 night
You bet. The deer really seem to have done well from the winter and popping up all over. I’m going to pull some cameras that have been up for a month close to camp. I think Saturday my buddy and I are going to use the day moving quick just checking out a bunch of mountain tops to see what’s around. Weather looks cold.

Latest posts