Yah, I said Queen Elizabeth

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
Do you still need the Mark of the Beast (aka COVID vaccine proof) to get into the UK?

Travel to England rules​

When you travel to England, you:

• do not need to complete a UK passenger locator form before you travel
  • do not need to take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive
  • do not need to quarantine when you arrive
This applies whether you are vaccinated or not.

Nimrod

Reaction score
This has really turned into a most interesting thread! It is also pretty funny!

Like most Americans, we really don't understand what happens over there in Europe. For instance, I really don't know much about Cornwall aside from the fact that I had one of their wrenches a long time ago and it was really good! LOL

I found it very interesting to learn that there are no seasons for hunting over there! I suppose if there are no deer, you can't hunt them! The herd would somehow manage itself that way I suppose?

I literally laughed out loud at the mark of the beast comment! I'm a pureblood also and I'd like to keep it that way!

Additionally, I'd like to go on record for saying that I have nothing against royalty. I just don't respect it and don't understand why it should be taken for granted that if you are from a certain family you are somehow above everyone else. It is pretty much the equivalent of getting special privileges because your skin is a certain color, if you know what I mean! This concept has been really put to the test in the past 2 years!

Me? I'm just a taxpayer who is retired and on a fixed income doing my own thing and paying my own way through this world. I'm just a nobody...

338 Bear Hunter

Reaction score
I am not a fan of royalty or monarchy in general. However, a British man once gave me his thoughts which had some merit. From his perspective, the separation of Head of Government from Head of State is a worthy endeavor, and that having a Royal family accomplishes this in a practical manner. He didn't rave about how wonderful "royals" were, or even that he cared for the premise of a privileged family. He just felt as a practical diplomatic tool, a monarchy as Head of State was a good idea. I don't agree with him, but it was the first argument for royalty that I've ever heard that had any real merit, unlike the usual "Its tradition" nonsense.

Making the COVID vaccines available is a wonderful thing. Making them mandatory is obscene and evil. At my previous job, they offered employees who were willing to prove they were vaccinated the "mark of the beast" - a small card which when displayed conferred small benefits like not needing to weak a mask, not needing temperature tests upon admission to the building, etc. I tried to warn people who had been vaccinated not to participate. Not only does it set an awful precedent about companies spying on your health choices, the company would surely pull the rug out on these benefits anyway, meaning you'd surrender your privacy for nothing in return.

Sure enough, this is exactly what happened. More than a few employees burned their cards in protest.

Flatlander

Reaction score
Actually there's quite a bit of game in England. I saw pheasants and herds of deer. I think they were fallow deer. I was told they have cull hunts to control the population. I don't know how it works or who can participate.

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
This has really turned into a most interesting thread! It is also pretty funny!

Like most Americans, we really don't understand what happens over there in Europe. For instance, I really don't know much about Cornwall aside from the fact that I had one of their wrenches a long time ago and it was really good! LOL

I found it very interesting to learn that there are no seasons for hunting over there! I suppose if there are no deer, you can't hunt them! The herd would somehow manage itself that way I suppose?
Nimrod, I’m sorry I may not have been very clear in my wording of my post…just to clarify:
We do have lots of deer in the UK (2,000,000 approx)
There are deer seasons here but there is always something in season. Muntjac deer have no season for example.
If it isn’t Roe buck season (April 1st-Oct 31st) , then it’s roe doe season…(Nov 1st-March 31st)
and there are long seasons for the 4 other deer species, so there is some always something to go after.

Last edited:

Flatlander

Reaction score
I saw a few muntjacs , oddlookin little critters. Maybe they were roe deer I saw. Looked to be a little bigger than whitetails.

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
I saw a few muntjacs , oddlookin little critters. Maybe they were roe deer I saw. Looked to be a little bigger than whitetails.
If they were in a good sized group then probably fallow, red or sika.
Roe tend to be either alone or in small family groups (typically buck, doe and two kids/followers)

Nimrod

Reaction score
Nimrod, I’m sorry I may not have been very clear in my wording of my post…just to clarify:
We do have lots of deer in the UK (2,000,000 approx)
There are deer seasons here but there is always something in season. Muntjac deer have no season for example.
If it isn’t Roe buck season (April 1st-Oct 31st) , then it’s roe doe season…(Nov 1st-March 31st)
and there are long seasons for the 4 other deer species, so there is some always something to go after.
I didn't mean that there were no deer there for hunting. I am fully aware that there are plenty of animals to hunt.

I was referring to the overall control of the population regarding the herd size and regulating it with a hunting season. I am glad that they are concerned about population of the species and maintaining proper numbers.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Unfortunately, many posts are based on wishful thinking, not reality.
I'm not talking about just "posts". I'm talking about everything from social media to main stream media. I don't care if it's fox or cnn. Bias conformation is a mother F-er and we live in a society that searches out why they are "right" instead of searching out "could I be wrong". If the only thing people steer to is how to prove to themselves their thoughts are always correct, they control their own narrative and intellect. Nobody bats a 1000 on every thought. We're all wrong daily about something, it just matters if we have the balls to search it out and admit it.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Quick shoutout to Acrossthepond, as a hunter in Great Britain for jumping in and lending his insight, and to those who were willing to respond in a positive way, and see where the thread led. I had no idea about the differences in hunting until I had begun watching a show a year or two ago called, "Farming the Wild," with Mike Robinson on The Outdoor Channel. The guy is an avid hunter in England, and also a renowned chef there. Whatever he shoots, he then puts on the menu in his restaurant. Currently, he's been here in the U.S. travelling about with different hunters to see how we do it.
Concluding, I'll just end it as I began it. There was a lot more to Queen Elizabeth then people realized, than I realized, until I began to read about the side of her no one seemingly ever reported about. She was an avid outdoorswoman, who enjoyed hunting deer or fowl.....and she knew her way around a rifle as well.
Hope it's been worth the read.

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
Quick shoutout to Acrossthepond, as a hunter in Great Britain for jumping in and lending his insight, and to those who were willing to respond in a positive way, and see where the thread led. I had no idea about the differences in hunting until I had begun watching a show a year or two ago called, "Farming the Wild," with Mike Robinson on The Outdoor Channel. The guy is an avid hunter in England, and also a renowned chef there. Whatever he shoots, he then puts on the menu in his restaurant. Currently, he's been here in the U.S. travelling about with different hunters to see how we do it.
Concluding, I'll just end it as I began it. There was a lot more to Queen Elizabeth then people realized, than I realized, until I began to read about the side of her no one seemingly ever reported about. She was an avid outdoorswoman, who enjoyed hunting deer or fowl.....and she knew her way around a rifle as well.
Hope it's been worth the read.
👍
One of my hunting/fishing buddies attended one of Mike Robinson’s cookery courses and had a great time, learnt a lot. Mike is a good ambassador for the sport, in a country where opinions are quite divided on hunting.

Latest posts