WTB. API climber

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had an older API grand slam they aren't using and would like to sell? I haven't been in the "searching for a tree stand" business for a long time. I'm surprised how few climbers are being manufactured now. Summit seems to be the gold standard at this point. Lonewolf isn't even carried through cabela's now. Things have changed. When I was using a climber my favorite and the one I was the most comfortable were the older API's.

groundtender

Reaction score
I have an API model AL -703
climber. From mid-90’s. In good shape. I bought it used then and never used it. Foot rest, shooting rail. It’s the type with a V bar, not a chain. Not sure if this is at all close to what you want, but if it is I want $50.00 for it. Boothbay Harbor area in Maine. Will be around after first Maine Muzzleloader week ends.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I have an API model AL -703
climber. From mid-90’s. In good shape. I bought it used then and never used it. Foot rest, shooting rail. It’s the type with a V bar, not a chain. Not sure if this is at all close to what you want, but if it is I want $50.00 for it. Boothbay Harbor area in Maine. Will be around after first Maine Muzzleloader week ends.
Appreciate the thought, but I'm looking for the kind with the chains. Again....thanks though.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
With only 18 days left of the archery season, I'll just check yard sales and keep checking CL all year. Going to have my wife keep her eye open on FB yard sale sites as well.

I can't believe the shortage of tree stands. I'm also shocked to see nobody is carrying Lone Wolf. They were the big deal when I stopped hunting out of stands five years ago. The reviews on the newer API's are terrible. To the point I can't believe Cabela's or BPS even sells them.

nhbowhunter

Reaction score
With only 18 days left of the archery season, I'll just check yard sales and keep checking CL all year. Going to have my wife keep her eye open on FB yard sale sites as well.

I can't believe the shortage of tree stands. I'm also shocked to see nobody is carrying Lone Wolf. They were the big deal when I stopped hunting out of stands five years ago. The reviews on the newer API's are terrible. To the point I can't believe Cabela's or BPS even sells them.
I have two API climbers, the archery version, like this.
Asking $150 each, if you would like to see them I'm not far from you, we could meet at Belletetes or something.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I have two API climbers, the archery version, like this.
Asking $150 each, if you would like to see them I'm not far from you, we could meet at Belletetes or something.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for the one with the front enclosed bar. The "sit and climb" one.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Still looking for a Sit and Climb API Grandslam if anyone sees one at a yard sale.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Still looking for a Sit and Climb API Grandslam if anyone sees one at a yard sale.
I see one for sale on facebook today. You still one want one? Here is one of the pics. Looks good shape. They want $125 and its located at Pepperell, MA. 1634416529925.jpeg

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
His name is John Maher, and he has a pic of a snowmobile on his little profile pic, and a fish on his main page pic.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Looks like it's gone/sold. I would just try the Summit Viper Aluminum SD if I were you.
That might be my only option at some point, but honestly I don't hunt from a stand very often, and I don't really care for the summit. I know a lot of guys love them, but I'm not one of them. The. front bar feels too close compared to those old API's. Like I said though...... I might have to deal with it if I decide to bow hunt this year should I tag out early.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
That might be my only option at some point, but honestly I don't hunt from a stand very often, and I don't really care for the summit. I know a lot of guys love them, but I'm not one of them. The. front bar feels too close compared to those old API's. Like I said though...... I might have to deal with it if I decide to bow hunt this year should I tag out early.
Look at the Summit Titan. The seat frame is 2 inches deeper.

Latest posts