WOW! Vt fish and wildlife New deer hunting regulations proposals.

shirefisher

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to sitting in a blind with my 10 year old daughter in September-October 2020. She'll be armed with a cross bow (hopefully) and will be proficient to 30 yards and what ever legal deer she wants... that is the only dog I have in this fight. Our days were limited last year between youth weekend and muzzy season as there was very little "good weather" for little people last year. She is no softy either but it was always windy and cold when we could or did go. I love all weather for hunting but I have Special love for sunny October days!

longbow

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to sitting in a blind with my 10 year old daughter in September-October 2020. She'll be armed with a cross bow (hopefully) and will be proficient to 30 yards and what ever legal deer she wants... that is the only dog I have in this fight. Our days were limited last year between youth weekend and muzzy season as there was very little "good weather" for little people last year. She is no softy either but it was always windy and cold when we could or did go. I love all weather for hunting but I have Special love for sunny October days!
Nothing better than that! Hunted with both my daughters and son, starting at age 10. We hunted out of 2 man ladder stands, and ground blinds. Good luck!

Vtbuck223

Reaction score
I like this proposal. I probably would have just removed the antler restrictions statewide...however...this is a very interesting approach that could strike the right balance and produce some great results.

Reaction score
I'm in favor of all of these. IMO, change is a good thing in our state. To me, the key rule change is 1 buck per year. I also like the October antlerless muzzle loader hunt. Even up the buck to doe ratio a bit before rut.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
yes yes yes yes! Like porter said though if this is going to work the way its suppose to all of these changes need to happen! Love the crossbows for everyone thing, should really help get the youth and more women involved in archery. Love the whack the doe mentality! Love the 1 buck/year! If the workaholic weekend warrior wants to whack a spike horn for the freezer go for it! When is the vote? Here's a list of the board members, I plan on e-mailing my zone rep and push for these!
https://vtfishandwildlife.com/node/518

VTHunter08

Reaction score
I was surprised to see none of the expanded archery season to be in B. Nothing on a nice summer evening to see 50 deer in a mile block of roads. Getting permission to hunt in the "Greater Burlington Area" could be comical haha. Who knows my annual bow huntcation might start being Nov 2nd - 13th in my backyard in a few years. Be a lot friendlier on the wallet and bedroom that's for sure!

vtbuckrulrss

Reaction score
LOVE. IT. Everyone gets a little something. Well, except that the ars should be lifted in H. Has nothing( suuurrreeee) to do with my living in H though..

Browseline

Reaction score
They all seem fine to me. I especially like the addition of a few days of early muzzle loading hunting.

Last edited:

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
What does Duke think about these changes? You’re going to be a busy man Pete.
Tell me about it. I have Emma, Duke and my wife all signed up for Hunter Safety next month. (Longbow will be pleased) My April includes a trip to Myrtle Beach for a youth sports competition, opening weekend of trout fishing, 2 days of Hunter Safety, a black belt test, and youth turkey season.

My point is, I feel like thats just an appetizer for whats to come this fall. These changes will make October/November/December crazy for me....but I love every minute of it.

longbow

Reaction score
That's great Pete, best of luck! Yes, you are going to be busy guiding 3 new hunters. Labor of love though. Nothing better than putting your kids out and listening for that shot! Of course you will probably be sitting right with them for a while.

The picture is of youth day in NJ. Was able to help my daughters get two nice bucks.

Attachments

Last edited:

VTHunter08

Reaction score
I just sent an e-mail to the franklin county rep and the lamoille county rep (my hunting grounds) and voiced my pleasure with the proposed rule changes. Remember these still need to be voted on, so make sure you let your rep know how you feel about the proposal. They are our voice.

Or attend one of the meetings. March 28th is on my schedule
https://vtfishandwildlife.com/node/100