Working Up Loads For ML'er and CF This Season

woodseye

Reaction score
Working on a new Savage ML'er I bought and want to try those new Hornady Inner Bonds for my 7mm-08. Bought a cheap chrono and will at least know how fast they're going
The ML'er is doing well and i'm homing in on a really accurate load for it.........now the rifle needs my attention. Anyone else working any loads up for this year? Kinda hope Dogtagger comes over and does his shooting contest on here too. That reminds me....need to tell Jud about the site too.

woods

Attachments

hemlock

Reaction score
Always working on new loads for the muzzle-loaders. Lots of fun shooting and trying to improve. I've got some new bullets to try and plan on more off hand, and out of postition shooting practice this year. I don't reload for the centerfires, so the muzzle-loaders are more economical (and fun) to shoot.

recurveman

Reaction score
I just worked up a load for my wifes 6mm using a new 95gr Hornady SST over 43.5 gr of IMR 4350 and a CCI 200. The load is accurate and has very low recoil. My wife shot 20 rounds the other day and went 16 for 20 on clay pigeons out to 100yds.

For my pistol I am working up a load using a 320gr cast bullet over 21gr H110 and a winchester WLP. I don't know what it chrono's at, but I went 10 for 10 on pigeons from 50-100yds. It should be deadly on deer with a good high shoulder shot.

I don't know if this counts but I am also working up some new arrows for my bow. I am using some laminated maple shafts and some ash shafts with 5.5" white feathers and a 125gr 3 bladed broadhead. The total weight of myarrow is around 670gr's and it flies great out of my recurve.

Woods,
How do you like that Savage smokeless. A good friend used one to shoot a few deer last year and he loved it.

Erick

woodseye

Reaction score
I love it Eric, low recoil....clean shooting and low cost along with superb accuracy. recoils about like my 7mm-08. Theres a complete story over on the ML'er forum on here about the progress so far.

woods

Latest posts