Wool Jacket question.......

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I think I’m going to bring my beagle Benoit coat to a seamstress and have them just saw on a new orange cape. I can’t believe mine is considered legal now.
I noticed the Elmers wore an extra vest on theirs this year. I think you can buy blaze orange wool fabric. Johnson may even sell it.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
You could start with plain blaze, then probably dye parts black. Probably not so easily the other way around obviously.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Update to this thread: I've posted in here quite a few times about my fried Jon that passed away almost 6 years ago now. Well..... Last month I got a call from his Brother in law asking me if I would like Jon's Beagle jacket. I jumped at the opportunity . I offered to pay him and Jon's sister for it, but they were not interested in the money. Fortunately for me, losing 20 pounds since the spring will pay off with me fitting into the jacket. Hope these temps stick around..... if so that jacket will see another opening day of a NH moose season.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Update to this thread: I've posted in here quite a few times about my fried Jon that passed away almost 6 years ago now. Well..... Last month I got a call from his Brother in law asking me if I would like Jon's Beagle jacket. I jumped at the opportunity . I offered to pay him and Jon's sister for it, but they were not interested in the money. Fortunately for me, losing 20 pounds since the spring will pay off with me fitting into the jacket. Hope these temps stick around..... if so that jacket will see another opening day of a NH moose season.
Plus you get to hunt with an old friend again. I bet the coat will be happy to hit the woods again.

silver belly62

Reaction score
The past couple of years there has been a guy at one of the local sportsman shows down here with wool products, which is a division of the Silent Predator wool line. I spoke with him in Feb at the show and was asking about a few different options like a rear pouch on back, and liner options, etc. So in the beginning of August I placed a order for one with a pouch on the back, and a polyester honeycomb style liner, it finally came in this past week.

Overall I'm happy with the quality of the jacket itself, just a few minor things I would change if I had to do it again. Had some headaches with the guy and his communication skills, but that eventually got worked out. The rear pouch has a zipper on each side, there are two pockets inside the jacket (zippered one on left & open top on right), two angled zippered chest pockets on front, and two hand warmer pockets on bottom with no zippers. Look forward to getting some use out of it in Nov and to see how I really like it

Attachments

Mountain Tales

Reaction score
Ive interacted with im assuming the same guy. The northeast silent predator salesman. He provided me with awful customer service twice in 2 different items 2 years apart. I was considering a new hunting jacket from them, but not now

Latest posts