Wool gloves

Mountain Tales

Reaction score
i need a new pair of wool gloves. Im really fussy with gloves but wondering if anyone hss any ideas or thoughts. I need them thin enough to carry gun and run safety and pull trigger.. so they cant be too thick. Preferably with rubber dots for grip. I want wool

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
i need a new pair of wool gloves. Im really fussy with gloves but wondering if anyone hss any ideas or thoughts. I need them thin enough to carry gun and run safety and pull trigger.. so they cant be too thick. Preferably with rubber dots for grip. I want wool
I’ve been using the orange ones with dots from Renys here in Maine. I think they are an acrylic wool blend. For 3.99 I’ve bought a few pairs and can change them out if I need.

I think hese are a good affordable option also.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I’ve been running these. They have a lined and unlined version.

KM1968

Reaction score
I use these wool gloves from refrigerator wear. They are $4.62 a pair but you have to buy a dozen pair. I keep a couple dry pair in my pack and change them out if i need to. They come in 3 sizes.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I use the Alyeskas as well. They have two thicknesses - I have a few pair of each and the double thick have kept me warm in the coldest of days, but I prefer the thinner for most days.

Mountain Tales

Reaction score
I bought the fox river ragg wool medium weight and they are by far the best wool gloves ive tried on ..perfect tightness, grips, perfect weight and thickness. 85 percent wool so thanks for the suggestion

groundtender

Reaction score
Mine are wool with thinsulate by Fox River, I think. I mostly use light gray ones because I think they clash less with other clothing and snow and won’t show movement as much others. Sounds stupid I know. I do have a green pair too. I like them, warm but no problem getting into trigger guard

lester2

Reaction score
I have several pair. The gray rag wool are fox river, I use the fingerless with the dots, uninsulated. I only wear those when there’s snow on the ground. Too many times on bare ground I think deer spotted the movement of my hands because of the light color. On bare ground I have a pair of green wool/acrylic blend uninsulated fingerless ones with dots.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I'm just a plain brown jersey glove guy. They come in handy when you forget your shit tickets and you don't feel bad leaving them buried under a pile of leaves.
I’ll wear my wool gloves and check my list twice for the TP. I’d end up rubbing myself raw not knowing if the brown glove was coming back clean. I’d have to pack four tubes of chapstick to be able to walk it back to my truck. Can’t afford to carry around that much weight and expect to catch up to a buck!! 🤣

Browseline

Reaction score
I'm just a plain brown jersey glove guy. They come in handy when you forget your shit tickets and you don't feel bad leaving them buried under a pile of leaves.
A little off from the original post but I thought worth commenting on. I keep a tube of these in my fanny pack. I doubt that the tube and contents weigh more than 2 ounces. Put a little water on them and they expand to 9" by 10". About the size of a nickel and 1/4th inch thick. A woven type soft fabric that you have to really try hard if you want to tear it. I use them to clean up after gutting a deer or other emergencies if I forget paper towels or have used them up for the day. Got them on Amazon. Called portawipes. No plastic wrappers like other wipes have, so nothing to carry out of the woods. If you have a dog you might want to be careful where you keep them as they expand pretty good when wet.

Attachments

Mountain Tales

Reaction score
no longer have to carry rolls in my truck and ziplock loaded with tp in fanny pack

Latest posts