Woodman arms muzzleloader

Snowed

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of buying a new muzzleloader for next season. Currently I have a TC Encore in .45 caliber. When I first got it I liked having the interchangeable barrels. Now I really think I’d like to have a gun strictly for muzzleloader season. I’m also not a fan of the hammer. Has anyone on here used the woodman arms guns? If so, what are your reviews? Thank you.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I’ve never shot one but I was in a gunshop a few weeks ago that had a couple. I thought I liked them from what I had seen online but I was less impressed when I looked one over. They are much cruder than I thought. Have you handled one?

Grandkid

Reaction score
I have one and it handles great. It is set up to mirror the 7600 in feel and handling. It can group super tight at any distance. You won't be disappointed in its fit and finish.

Roger-

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I’ve had one for two seasons. I could echo grandkid. If you hunt with a 7600 you won’t know the difference. Has to be the best carrying muzzleloader out there.

Browseline

Reaction score
Two friends of mine each bought one (.45s) and put scopes on them. They shot them a couple dozen times, went back to the owner of the company and bought 2 more to use with open sights. I haven't shot one but have handled a few. I really liked how they handled and my friends say they are very accurate.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
If I was in the market and had $1000 to spend, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had a thread on them a while back. Look for "BWB Muzzleloader" or something.

NorthMaine

Reaction score

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with most muzzleloaders today is the length and weight. Back in the day TC made an X7. Carbine with a Williams peep sight. Fantastic gun. Still can be had used 400-500. A great substitute if you want a walk all day ML for half the price of the Woodmans.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with most muzzleloaders today is the length and weight. Back in the day TC made an X7. Carbine with a Williams peep sight. Fantastic gun. Still can be had used 400-500. A great substitute if you want a walk all day ML for half the price of the Woodmans.
I think that's the appeal of the Woodman Arms. It's lighter than a 7600 and about the same size.

With that said, a couple years back I bought a CVA Wolf at Wally World on clearance for $79. Haven't even shot it. Feels cheap as hell with the synthetic stock, but it is super light and nimble as well.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
You guys are all so passionate, I hate being the "good enough" guy again, but I'll throw it out there for the low budget folks on here. The T/C Impact is 6.95lbs, so slightly lighter than a 7600 from the factory, and without a scope it carries awesome in the woods. I actually like to carry that better than my Remington 700 and I like to carry it better than my 760 (non-carbine). We also have a CVA Wolf, which feels much cheaper. Very "plasticy". It shoots great, and the tool-less breech removal saved me last week when I packed the barrel full of wet snow, but I don't like carrying it nearly as much as the Impact. Did I mention I bought the Impact for $200?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a few that I have used over the years. Left to Right. Investarms 50, TC Scout 50, TC Renegade 50, TC Hawken 54 and CVA Hawken 50.

I really don't need another, will make due with what I have. My favorite is the Renegade. Very accurate out to 150 with Thompson sabots, 240 grain.

The Scout is a nice little ML. My daughter shot a few deer with the Investarms 50.

Attachments

Big D

Reaction score
I picked up a CVA Accura MR a few years ago. Short, light, great tracking gun. With the bergara barrel it's a shooter. No knock on the Woodman as I'm sure it's a nice setup and locally crafted.

Bill/NH

Reaction score
I picked up a CVA Accura MR a few years ago. Short, light, great tracking gun. With the bergara barrel it's a shooter. No knock on the Woodman as I'm sure it's a nice setup and locally crafted.
Same here, picked one up five years ago and have shot five deer with it all one shot stillhunting kills!!!! Using two 50gr pellets of White Hots, Powerbelt 295gr HP bullets lit up by Winchester 777 209 primers topped with a Leupold VXI 2X7. Shoots and cleans awesome all for $468 from KTP.

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Same here, picked one up five years ago and have shot five deer with it all one shot stillhunting kills!!!! Using two 50gr pellets of White Hots, Powerbelt 295gr HP bullets lit up by Winchester 777 209 primers topped with a Leupold VXI 2X7. Shoots and cleans awesome all for $468 from KTP.
Where are the stories of these 5 deer, sir!?

Bill/NH

Reaction score
Where are the stories of these 5 deer, sir!?
Two of them just went to the top in the NH Forum each with a quote from someone special!!!! I might squeeze in the other three which I haven't written up but are a 2015 85LB doe, a 2016 100LB doe and a 2019 127LB 8PTER!!!!