wood pile pics

tobydog

Reaction score
talk on another post got me thinking there must be some monster wood piles in this group. lets see some pics...

this is my work in progress, started in july close to 4 cords now...will grow to about 6-7, not a monster but enough for 2 years for me since i sprayed foam insulation in 3/4 of my house.

0828171914a.jpg

Browseline

Reaction score
This pile is about 7 cords and I have 2.5 cords down back. Half the wood has been piled a full 2 years and the other half 1 full year. I have 2 cords in my garage that is 3 years dried. I'll move half of this pile into the garage and basement sometime this month in my wheelbarrow. I only cut and split about a cord of all the wood and bought the rest split and delivered. All I have is a chainsaw, wheelbarrow and splitting maul and no hardwood left on my 6 acres that I want to cut. I burn about 3.5 cords a year between the stove in the basement and the upstairs level along with about 200 gallons of oil, mostly for hot water and heat in the late spring and early fall, heating 3800 sq ft. I used to cut all my wood but stopped doing that when I hit about 50 years old. I admire the pile every morning that I walk by it to get the paper and my mail. I've always had a woodpile since I built my first house in 1973. Just something about having a woodpile in the yard, I'm pretty sure I'd have one even if I didn't burn wood.

Attachments

WetWool

Reaction score
This pile is about 7 cords and I have 2.5 cords down back. Half the wood has been piled a full 2 years and the other half 1 full year. I have 2 cords in my garage that is 3 years dried. I'll move half of this pile into the garage and basement sometime this month in my wheelbarrow. I only cut and split about a cord of all the wood and bought the rest split and delivered. All I have is a chainsaw, wheelbarrow and splitting maul and no hardwood left on my 6 acres that I want to cut. I burn about 3.5 cords a year between the stove in the basement and the upstairs level along with about 200 gallons of oil, mostly for hot water and heat in the late spring and early fall, heating 3800 sq ft. I used to cut all my wood but stopped doing that when I hit about 50 years old. I admire the pile every morning that I walk by it to get the paper and my mail. I've always had a woodpile since I built my first house in 1973. Just something about having a woodpile in the yard, I'm pretty sure I'd have one even if I didn't burn wood.
Geez Browse, your woodpile looks as good as the deer you shoot!:D I have four cords put up at the house since late May and a couple more at camp to get me through, love the feel of the wood heat even though a lot of work. I scrounge what I can but as I am getting older find myself buying a lot more cut, split, and delivered at home. Firewood is fun to do in a weird way, just look maintaining a nice looking yard. My stove pretty much runs Oct. into early May.:cool:

How are you guys doing pics now without photobucket? Took me forever to learn that and now how to figure something else out!:D

tobydog

Reaction score
when you make a post look for the the square icon on the right just above where you type (two over from the one that looks like an envelope to the right) click on it and hit the 'select files' button...then point to the file on your pc...how's that, clear as mud...?:)

outdoorsman

Reaction score
IMG_14.jpg

Select the icon like that circled in the attached image. Using my phone I have to reduce the pixel size to get them to orient correctly on here.

I'll post a woodpile pic in a few weeks when my pile is worthy. It's slowly growing at the moment.

WetWool

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight guys, I do have two teenagers but they just laugh at me when it comes to my computer ineptness.:D

JDK

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight guys, I do have two teenagers but they just laugh at me when it comes to my computer ineptness.:D
That's not the only thing that laugh at about you.:angel:

NY Hunter

Reaction score
Looks good! What do they get for a cord, cut, split and delivered in your area? Last time we bought wood for the camp, 2012-13, we paid $180 cut/split/delivered.

Browseline

Reaction score
Looks good! What do they get for a cord, cut, split and delivered in your area? Last time we bought wood for the camp, 2012-13, we paid $180 cut/split/delivered.
This year it ranges from $190 to $225 green. I paid about $210 last year, but I know the guy and asked for beech, rock maple, yellow birch and oak. The ash and white birch you can see in the pile is stuff I cut around the house, mostly clean up work.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I have about 2 cords and when that is gone I will head to Florida for the rest of the winter. I use to cut and split 3-4 cords a year from my property but now that I'm older it is not as much fun. I cut one beach tree near the house this year and got brown tail moth rash all over me. Not much fun.

rpc55

Reaction score
this year I have about 5 cords that I cut and split.
IMG_0260.jpg
Last year's pile....
Iphone pics 067.jpg
My woodstove with a plenum I built..
Iphone pics 074.jpg

Last edited: