where do the wild pigs live in New Hampshire

bigbore442001

Reaction score
Thank you for all of that information. Out of curiosity, is there any snowcover right now?

From what you have stated, the best opportunity for taking one would be late summer but I think it would be fun to try to do some still hunting for a couple of days in the snow before the end of the year.

nhfish

Reaction score
none, slight dusting and crunchy as hell, stay inside and drink coco

camp rat

Reaction score
GREAT INTEL, THANKS Camp Rat and Shedhunters Wife.:D
The road I mentioned Philbrick Hill was wrong, that's actually in Springfield, NH. The one across from the fire station in Croydon is Loverin Hill. Sorry. Check out google maps if you have'nt already. The road behind the school house is shown as Forehand Road (dirt and accessible unless there's heavy snow). If you check out google maps and follow Loverin Hill off from Rt. 10 to the Croydon turnpike and head south on the croydon turnpike you will see red leaf pond (inside the park and actually never new it existed until google maps) so that section of the croydon turnpike borders the Park, it's also paved and easy access. It's a short shot over to Barton road where I have shot pigs so they may be crossing there somewhere. FYI East of Red lake pond is Bill Ruger Sr's place RIP (Ruger gun's and was a member of Corbin Park at one time, his son probably still owns a share), he owns a large chunk of land. Be carefull about tromping around or spotting on that property. If you headed North on the Croydon turnpike from Loverin Hill that's a 4 wheel only road. There's also a Notch road shown on google maps and I don't recall seeing that road ever but it heads into the Park (no access). Good luck and let me know if you check these places out. If I hear from familly members they have seen pigs I will try and let you know. They don't hunt anymore and the pigs raise hell in the gardens in the summer.

Hoytman

Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned in these posts but you cannot hunt pigs that have escaped from Corbins park without permission from the park..so if you do.dont get caught..as far as the roads mentioned 90% is posted now. So chances of hunting there are slim..

Reaper

Reaction score
Bill Ruger Sr's place RIP (Ruger gun's and was a member of Corbin Park at one time, his son probably still owns a share), he owns a large chunk of land. Be carefull about tromping around or spotting on that property.
That land is 100% posted, over 400 acres...along with the entire parcel between there and the main gate. Claremont/Cornish/Plainfield area would be more productive. Green mountain especially.

nhfish

Reaction score
This is birthing time, let them be for a couple month unless you know it has a set of jewels.

BDB

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with pigs in the east in cold climates but do they really have a birthing season? Living in CA for 9 years and hunting pigs year round, they had about 3 litters a year each without too much focus on a "birthing season". Just curious.

Fishengame

Reaction score
I have a camp in " very close to Corbin." I see boar sign everytime i go turkey huntin. Everytime. Locals do shoot some , Escapees often wander back to the park. ive found a few trails, and 3 dens. They seem to be more active at night, feeding. Chill on ridgetops during the day. Keep telling myself to bring a 44mag when chasing Toms.

vtbuckrulrss

Reaction score
I have a camp in " very close to Corbin." I see boar sign everytime i go turkey huntin. Everytime. Locals do shoot some , Escapees often wander back to the park. ive found a few trails, and 3 dens. They seem to be more active at night, feeding. Chill on ridgetops during the day. Keep telling myself to bring a 44mag when chasing Toms.
Well you know, I do believe that they like to eat turkey eggs and poults. To better your turkey hunting in your area, you could pm the location where you normally see sign and I would be more than happy to help you.

jht2224

Reaction score
A few have been hit on rt 2 more recently, I heard this second hand from my cousin who is a state cop.....

outdoorsman

Reaction score
A few have been hit on rt 2 more recently, I heard this second hand from my cousin who is a state cop.....
Are you sure those weren't domestic pigs? Last summer I had heard something about pigs near rte 2 but I believe the individual said domestics. Should my information be incorrect and they are wild boar, it indicates some one is trucking and releasing pigs in the region of collision.

NH2012

Reaction score