When is Everyone Hunting

longbow

Reaction score
Just an FYI. For those that are truly hunting the North Maine Woods, you’ll be at some compass point west of Ashland
Just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Of course west of Ashland.:cool: Does it really matter with GPS though?LOL

Last edited:

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Don't know yet. No week off for me this year. It's just tough with two little ones to make that commitment. Hoping to get up to Jackman for maybe 3 days at some point. I need to watch the weather and chase the snow.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Anyone watching the weather in the north country for next week? Thursday-Saturday aren't looking too bad, highs in the low 30s and chance of snow every day.

Any tips on convincing the wife to head up?

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Anyone watching the weather in the north country for next week? Thursday-Saturday aren't looking too bad, highs in the low 30s and chance of snow every day.

Any tips on convincing the wife to head up?
We are only a couple days from opening day. I am super excited for everyone, BUT, it kills me to be sitting here in the city and watching reports of snow and bucks dropping up north. I head up for the third week and and it is two full weeks of watching weather reports and webcams. And of course a little work in between.

longbow

Reaction score
We are only a couple days from opening day. I am super excited for everyone, BUT, it kills me to be sitting here in the city and watching reports of snow and bucks dropping up north. I head up for the third week and and it is two full weeks of watching weather reports and webcams. And of course a little work in between.
I will be hunting the peak of the rut with bow here in NJ, so not too bad. Plus the 3rd and 4th weeks are prime, worth the wait if you only have one week to go.

Gwlambo

Reaction score
I will be hunting the peak of the rut with bow here in NJ, so not too bad. Plus the 3rd and 4th weeks are prime, worth the wait if you only have one week to go.
Yeah - I have not yet taken up the bow - yet. But my youngest will go to high school next year so I am close to having the time. I really hope to get out with the muzzle loader in the late season this year here in NJ. I have seen some nice racked bucks, albeit skinny, running around with their horns in March around here.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Start by plying her with booze and if that doesn't work, leave her the gold card, foolproof time tested method. 😎
The last 4-5yrs I've gone up to Pittsburgh for a few days and came home for thanksgiving.
I fixed the steering in one of the vehicles, finally fixed the furnace so there's heat in the bedroom, and bought one of those inflatable hot tubs.
Then my wife rented a house in the burg, and is bringing thanksgiving up north, so I don't have to leave the woods.
I guess thats all it takes.

tobydog

Reaction score
The last 4-5yrs I've gone up to Pittsburgh for a few days and came home for thanksgiving.
I fixed the steering in one of the vehicles, finally fixed the furnace so there's heat in the bedroom, and bought one of those inflatable hot tubs.
Then my wife rented a house in the burg, and is bringing thanksgiving up north, so I don't have to leave the woods.
I guess thats all it takes.
Too funny. Great place to be any time of the year. I missed my annual trip with my Dad last June for trout. Cant wait to get back up there.

MGK

Reaction score
I try to hunt where the deer are. lol

Northern and Central Maine with the chance of NH

Gfedor

Reaction score
Heading up late Saturday Nov 16th. Staying the week rockwood/moose river area. It's been too long since I've been up, can't wait

Grandkid

Reaction score
Mountain Hunter....I did make it to Jackman the first week and had a fun time. And yes I did make a first appearance ever on FB. I will post up the details this weekend. Thanks for the prompt. Good luck.

Roger-