What happened to BWB wool pants and coats?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new wool tracker jackets from stagr gear? New company last I checked they’re taking orders on jackets. $220 which is beyond reasonable with the snap in orange cape. We’ll see how they do.
Got a link? I googled it but couldn’t find the coat. Thanks in advance .

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I might have a Beagle orange wool cape if you want it. I’m not sure how bright it is? I bought it used but I’ve never worn it.
There was a while when I was buying about everything close to my size that turned up. I’ve accumulated quite a collection. 😃
It took me the longest to find a pair of Beagle pants that would fit, the zippers in the legs make alterations complicated.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Really? Has anyone ever found a company that can dye the orange again? My coat is in “broke in” stage , but the orange is faded bad
If you figure this out Shawn I’d love to know as well. I have a faded out orange caped Johnson coat (don’t cast judgement, I don’t have the matching purse or dog vest). I’m guessing I’m no longer in compliance when I hunt Maine. I’d rather not add a layer if I don’t have to.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
If you figure this out Shawn I’d love to know as well. I have a faded out orange caped Johnson coat (don’t cast judgement, I don’t have the matching purse or dog vest). I’m guessing I’m no longer in compliance when I hunt Maine. I’d rather not add a layer if I don’t have to.
I wear an orange bird hunting vest when I deer hunt. The kind with the big cargo pouch in the back. Keep all my stuff in the back, fire starters, flashlight, lunch, water, etc. etc. I can get everything out without taking it off by reaching inside. Don't carry a pack of any kind.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I might have a Beagle orange wool cape if you want it. I’m not sure how bright it is? I bought it used but I’ve never worn it.
There was a while when I was buying about everything close to my size that turned up. I’ve accumulated quite a collection. 😃
It took me the longest to find a pair of Beagle pants that would fit, the zippers in the legs make alterations complicated.
Does the beagle cape have slits to get into the top pockets? That would be the only thing I’m not a fan of with that Stagr jacket.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I wear an orange bird hunting vest when I deer hunt. The kind with the big cargo pouch in the back. Keep all my stuff in the back, fire starters, flashlight, lunch, water, etc. etc. I can get everything out without taking it off by reaching inside. Don't carry a pack of any kind.
I’m surprised you need the fire starters when you’re within sight of the driveway but who am I to judge? 😀

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Just got the word from a friend that they are out of business. That's too bad. I'll deer hunt in a ballerina outfit before I'll wear anything from Johnson ever again. I can't believe they are still around, but company selling top notch wool products like Beagle and SP can't make it. I guess they need to start advertising they have a fake "scent blocker" element to them and nobody will have an issue paying 250.00 for them at that point.

I don't get it though. You can't touch a pair of light weight camo pants for less than 100.00. Sitka gear is even more money then SP or Beagle were. I guess wool is only "fashionable" in the northeast hunting community?
Their business appears alive and well to me. They have products on the internet and they also have a nice facebook group where they announced on Sept 23 that some pre-orders/ new products were in, like fanny packs and coats.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Their business appears alive and well to me. They have products on the internet and they also have a nice facebook group where they announced on Sept 23 that some pre-orders/ new products were in, like fanny packs and coats.
Wasn’t silent predator the original company making their jackets when I posted this? This just says the manufacturer is the same company that makes team USA’s Olympic clothing . No company name included.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Wasn’t silent predator the original company making their jackets when I posted this? This just says the manufacturer is the same company that makes team USA’s Olympic clothing . No company name included.
I don't know who their supplier is, just that they appear to be thriving. I'm not sure what you can get though, without a pre-order. Seems supply could be limited.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Does the beagle cape have slits to get into the top pockets? That would be the only thing I’m not a fan of with that Stagr jacket.
I’ll get it out tonight and have a look, I was cutting up peppers and freezing them last night.

WetWool

Reaction score
I bet some Rit dye might bring those capes back a little, available on Amazon.

Latest posts