What happened to BWB wool pants and coats?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I was just surfing the BWB site. I figured I'd look at the jackets again and see if I could convince myself if I "needed" to finally break down and buy the Silent Predator coat. When I did a google search , and clicked on the link it said "sorry product no longer available". Did SP and BWB have a falling out? Were they not selling enough product to resign a contract? Anyone know the skinny on this?

It's getting harder and harder to find good wool clothing. I guess if I get the opportunity again I better buy a jacket even if I don't need it yet. At some point the orange of my beagle will be faded out enough I need a vest on it.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Just got the word from a friend that they are out of business. That's too bad. I'll deer hunt in a ballerina outfit before I'll wear anything from Johnson ever again. I can't believe they are still around, but company selling top notch wool products like Beagle and SP can't make it. I guess they need to start advertising they have a fake "scent blocker" element to them and nobody will have an issue paying 250.00 for them at that point.

I don't get it though. You can't touch a pair of light weight camo pants for less than 100.00. Sitka gear is even more money then SP or Beagle were. I guess wool is only "fashionable" in the northeast hunting community?

mowbizz

Reaction score
Be sure to have your wife take pics of you in your “tutu” 😂🤣
I have been searching for wool as well. Lots and lots of expensive stuff out there. FedEx just delivered my only “wool” purchase (besides the Minus33 stuff I got last week)
It’s a brimmed merino wool beanie (stocking cap) from a company called “First Lite”
Very nice product as I like a brim but can’t wear “ball caps” cause I sweat too much. Good luck in your search!

Last edited:

mowbizz

Reaction score
Just got the word from a friend that they are out of business. That's too bad. I'll deer hunt in a ballerina outfit before I'll wear anything from Johnson ever again. I can't believe they are still around, but company selling top notch wool products like Beagle and SP can't make it. I guess they need to start advertising they have a fake "scent blocker" element to them and nobody will have an issue paying 250.00 for them at that point.

I don't get it though. You can't touch a pair of light weight camo pants for less than 100.00. Sitka gear is even more money then SP or Beagle were. I guess wool is only "fashionable" in the northeast hunting community?

Not camo but Tractor Supply has merino wool pants for her well under $100 (online)

mbVT

Administrator
Reaction score
Wool supply issues. There is another company in the mix right now, so we'll see if that pans out for BWB.

In the meantime, I've ordered from Gostwear, who distributes Big Bill stuff at reasonable prices- I picked up some 18oz wool pants hoping they'll fit the bill earlier season.

jht2224

Reaction score
Be sure to have your wife take pics of you in your “tutu” 😂🤣
I have been searching for wool as well. Lots and lots of fun expensive stuff out there. FedEx just delivered my only “wool” purchase (besides the Minus33 stuff I got last week)
It’s a brimmed merino wool beanie (stocking cap) from a company called “First Lite”
Very nice product as I like a brim but can’t wear “ball caps” cause I sweat too much. Good luck in your search!

Mikejd

Reaction score
Silent predator went out. They are working on new wool sources.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I meant to laugh at the tutu comment…me and the guys I hunt with look homeless with the wool gear we wear. Gotta stick with what work lol
I’ve had my beagle jacket since 09. It owes me nothing at this point. I don’t mind spending money on something that lasts And does what’s advertised. Johnson wool isn’t that company, and won’t stand behind their product. I guess that’s why they’re still in business. Charge 200.00 for pants the crotch blows out before the end of one season, and be the only wool game In town. Big Bill is good for its price range, but the wool will knit up after a few seasons and no longer shed water. The couple pair I’ve owned allow the water in fairly quick and loses heat even quicker. Kind of defeats the purpose in wearing wool. They just become a very heavy water logged pair of pants at that point. Shame on me for being too cheap to pull the trigger on the Silent Predator. I do that all the time. Kick the tires so long I either miss out or pay more money for something I want. I’m not an “impulse” buyer. Well…….. unless it’s a Reese’s pumpkin or Xmas tree candy right at the register. Those bastards get me every time!!

NH Hunter

Reaction score
That was one of the "classic" posts on here. When you sent the lady at Johnson Wool your tainted pants. 😂

There was no tainting on them other than the legs were dirty. The wool was gone from the stitching of the zipper to just covering half my balloon knot. That was the major issue!!! I couldn't sit on a stump or rock without my taint getting frost bit in seconds. So with that being said...... they were "tainted"!!:ROFLMAO:

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new wool tracker jackets from stagr gear? New company last I checked they’re taking orders on jackets. $220 which is beyond reasonable with the snap in orange cape. We’ll see how they do.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I
Has anyone seen the new wool tracker jackets from stagr gear? New company last I checked they’re taking orders on jackets. $220 which is beyond reasonable with the snap in orange cape. We’ll see how they do.
I like that jacket! The “muted” green color is not so bright. Good pricing as well!

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
Agreed. I think they call it green growth. Been listening to Hal blood I guess

lester2

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair each of Stagr’s Green Growth fingerless and carbine gloves. I’ll post a review when I get them.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I almost ordered a jacket a couple weeks ago but I sent an email asking about the sleeve length because I normally would order a tall size and I never got a reply. Now you can’t preorder so I’ll just wait until they’re in stock again and try emailing again.
I don’t really need the jacket, I’ve got a half dozen Beagle coats but what the heck.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I almost ordered a jacket a couple weeks ago but I sent an email asking about the sleeve length because I normally would order a tall size and I never got a reply. Now you can’t preorder so I’ll just wait until they’re in stock again and try emailing again.
I don’t really need the jacket, I’ve got a half dozen Beagle coats but what the heck.
Really? Has anyone ever found a company that can dye the orange again? My coat is in “broke in” stage , but the orange is faded bad

Latest posts