What do you drink after hunting?

Big D

Reaction score
It's huge in PA., not sure how much closer than that. Mix a Schaefer and a Schlitz together if you must and you'll have your yuengling.🤮

Oh boy. Maybe I don't want to try it.

WetWool

Reaction score
Oh boy. Maybe I don't want to try it.

There are just so many better options out there today that didn't exist just ten years Big D. We just got back from a 7 day Caribbean cruise where the options were Bud Light, Coors Light, and Corona.... what a buzzkill but was expected going in, thank goodness for hard liquor.😁 My wife is an IPA snob as well and we love travelling around and visiting all these great new places and listening to their backstories. If all you Maine boyz that love IPA's / DIPA's want to cut down on your gas bills, trust me on this list, the best of the best!

Pinnacle DIPA / No. 96 - Lake St. George Brewing
Brightside - Lone Pine Brewing
Epiphany - Foundation Brewing
Tubular - Orono Brewing
Thirsty Botanist - Boothbay Brewing
Lunch - Maine Beer Co.
Liquid Rapture DIPA / Hipster Apocalypse - Mason's
Stainless Oasis - Definitive Brewing
Traverse - Bath Brewing
First Snow DIPA - First Mile Brewing
Dementia Dog / Little Bigelow - Bigelow Brewing
All Souls - Cushnoc Brewing

Would love to visit as many as possible, I think there are over 150 now, or atleast as long as the liver holds out!🤪😁

JDK

Reaction score
Must be a lonely camp.

I was part of the shitshow Earl eluded to (surprise I know). Truthfully, I don't care what Earl allows at his camp and he is 100% correct that it is his camp and his rules. That is fair. That said, I agree wholeheartedly with what NH Hunter wrote .

JDK

Reaction score
There are just so many better options out there today that didn't exist just ten years Big D. We just got back from a 7 day Caribbean cruise where the options were Bud Light, Coors Light, and Corona.... what a buzzkill but was expected going in, thank goodness for hard liquor.😁 My wife is an IPA snob as well and we love travelling around and visiting all these great new places and listening to their backstories. If all you Maine boyz that love IPA's / DIPA's want to cut down on your gas bills, trust me on this list, the best of the best!

Pinnacle DIPA / No. 96 - Lake St. George Brewing
Brightside - Lone Pine Brewing
Epiphany - Foundation Brewing
Tubular - Orono Brewing
Thirsty Botanist - Boothbay Brewing
Lunch - Maine Beer Co.
Liquid Rapture DIPA / Hipster Apocalypse - Mason's
Stainless Oasis - Definitive Brewing
Traverse - Bath Brewing
First Snow DIPA - First Mile Brewing
Dementia Dog / Little Bigelow - Bigelow Brewing
All Souls - Cushnoc Brewing

Would love to visit as many as possible, I think there are over 150 now, or atleast as long as the liver holds out!🤪😁

You need to go to Costa Rica and drink some good beers instead of an American cattleboat floating around the ocean.

WetWool

Reaction score
Our next cruise will be to Iceland out of Norway, I'm sure Jen and I will figure out something to entertain us. 😁

JDK

Reaction score
Our next cruise will be to Iceland out of Norway, I'm sure Jen and I will figure out something to entertain us. 😁

My wife has been trying to get me to go on a cruise and can't begin to tell you how little interest I have. I told her I'd go anywhere she wants to in the world as long as it isn't Disney or a cruise. Heck I'll go to Chernobyl if she wants to..

WetWool

Reaction score
My wife has been trying to get me to go on a cruise and can't begin to tell you how little interest I have. I told her I'd go anywhere she wants to in the world as long as it isn't Disney or a cruise. Heck I'll go to Chernobyl if she wants to..

Jay, Jay, Jay - when will you ever learn, I'm not a cruise guy either BUT , "Happy wife, happy life! " 😁

Bill/NH

Reaction score
When at deer camp in Maine, Bud lights and Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey, lots of both!!!! Go to bed late almost every night, between 9-10 and get up early every morning at 4!!!! My hunting partner who is my best friend likes to drink Budweiser, other than that the rest is the same!!!!

Flatlander

Reaction score
We have yuengling here in Ct. It's nothing special i.m.o. I mostly drink the local brews , lately Mystic Bridge ipa.

Earl

Reaction score
nope we have a lot fun great conversations most importantly a safe environment.... my camp my rules don't like the rules go somewhere else....again I won't go into details why....

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score

I caved, mostly because the kids were so excited. Going in April. Wife said, we can’t vacation in Jackman all the time so I’m booking this. I’ll report back on it. I don’t typically leave ME unless it’s for work.

semi related. Leaving next Thursday for our 15th anniversary by snowmachine. Headed to Quebec then to the Gaspe and back to camp. That was right up until I found my passport was expired yesterday. Happy anniversary honey, we are staying in Jackman.:rolleyes: I’m hoping she is talking to me by then.....

Last edited:

JDK

Reaction score
Jay, Jay, Jay - when will you ever learn, I'm not a cruise guy either BUT , "Happy wife, happy life! " 😁

I picked CR last year. She is pickinfg somewere in 2021. W
I caved, mostly because the kids were so excited. Going in April. Wife said, we can’t vacation in Jackman all the time do I’m booking this. I’ll report back on it.

semi related. Leaving next Thursday for our 15th anniversary by snowmachine. Headed to Quebec then to the Gaspe and back to camp. That was right up until I found my passport was expired yesterday. Happy anniversary honey, we are staying in Jackman.:rolleyes:

my wife wanted to go someplace with a St. in the name. She was not impressed with St. Agatha, even though the fishing was good. I’ll splurge next time and take her to St. Pamphile....in October

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
This topic has come up before and I got a bunch of shit over my reply. I will say this again, there is no drinking allowed in my camp. I won't go into details again. My camp my rules.....
That’s fair enough.
Alcohol shouldn’t be necessary to have fun.
I find that Cocoa is an excellent choice for an after hunt beverage, especially if it’s really cold outside.

Acrossthepond

Reaction score
Good to see that so many of you enjoy the IPA’s and craft beers! I’m definitely on the right forum :ROFLMAO:
I also particularly like the Belgian Trappist ales in winter (Rochefort, Chimay, St Bernardus etc)
Does anyone else like them? or even tried them?

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Good to see that so many of you enjoy the IPA’s and craft beers! I’m definitely on the right forum :ROFLMAO:
I also particularly like the Belgian Trappist ales in winter (Rochefort, Chimay, St Bernardus etc)
Does anyone else like them? or even tried them?

I’ve had Rochefort and definitely had Chimay. Monks made good beer! Lived in North Wales for three years after the Navy playing rugby and going to school so really like the traditional ales and bitters as well.

Earl

Reaction score
truthfully I don't care if you drink. and no i never said anything bad if you do. I don't think anyone is a heathen either. the weed response is funny, made me laugh. Bye

NH Hunter

Reaction score
nope we have a lot fun great conversations most importantly a safe environment.... my camp my rules don't like the rules go somewhere else....again I won't go into details why....

So does the camp I hang out at... and yet we drink beers, do shots of Whiskey. All done AFTER hunting. You're a million percent right.... it is your camp and your rules. But again, this is a thread that is asking what you like to drink after hunting. It's not a thread called "what's your camp rules?". I don't give a damn if you drink 10W40 with 4 grapefruit alkaseltzers dropped in it, an orange twist, all while ingested through a crazy straw out of a dirty spittoon . But at least you'd just be contributing to what the thread is about "What do YOU drink after hunting"

As for getting into why..... I don't believe anyone pressed you on the issue. We get it, you don't like booze at your camp. Your camp isn't a 1925 speak easy. Cool..... Now what do you drink after hunting?

Latest posts