What do you drink after hunting?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
This topic has come up before and I got a bunch of shit over my reply. I will say this again, there is no drinking allowed in my camp. I won't go into details again. My camp my rules.....
I remember the shit show. Why post then? It would seem like a topic you'd just skim over. It would be like someone asking what reloading supplies they liked the best, and posting "I only buy factory ammo". Really no point in the post is there?

You obviously had a seriously bad experience due to an alcohol related situation at some point in your life. For that, I'm sorry. But it doesn't make the rest of us heathens for having a few beers or sipping a glass of what ever after a day of hunting or celebrating a deer hanging upside down on a game pole.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
I like to keep it civilized. An IPA when I walk in the door, an IPA with dinner, and an after dinner digestif by the wood stove that usually consists of two fingers neat of good bourbon, single malt scotch, Jameson, or Crown.

I'm hooked on the craft beer craze as well, but being from MA I have couple local favorites. Right now my favorite brewery is Night Shift. Their Santilli IPA is amazing. But you got to be careful with the craft IPA's. 16 oz of 8% by volume alcohol is almost like drinking 3 Buds.

Reactions: JDK

JDK

Reaction score
I like to keep it civilized. An IPA when I walk in the door, an IPA with dinner, and an after dinner digestif by the wood stove that usually consists of two fingers neat of good bourbon, single malt scotch, Jameson, or Crown.

I'm hooked on the craft beer craze as well, but being from MA I have couple local favorites. Right now my favorite brewery is Night Shift. Their Santilli IPA is amazing. But you got to be careful with the craft IPA's. 16 oz of 8% by volume alcohol is almost like drinking 3 Buds.
I'm anxious to try Yuengling this coming Fall. We can't get it here and I have been hearing a lot about it.

WetWool

Reaction score

Love Wormtown Brewing - BE HOPPY! Give it a shot Meatseeker!(y)

WetWool

Reaction score
I'm anxious to try Yuengling this coming Fall. We can't get it here and I have been hearing a lot about it.
Budweiser - ish Jay. Not sure your delicate palate will enjoy!😁

Reactions: JDK

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Love Wormtown Be Hoppy! My daughter goes to school in Worcester MA. Yuengling.... ehh. I was the same way before trying it.... then I tried it

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I think the yuengling in that class of beers is the best to be honest. I used to have my MIL bring them up when she visited. Couple cases. Never knew if it was because they were a novelty or just really refreshing. Might put in an order for next weekend’s visit so I can have those for ice fishing in Feb.

JDK

Reaction score
Bud-ish huh???

Hopefully no one sees me drinking it, just like riding a moped

Big D

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try some also. What is the closest state to get it?

Meatseeker

Reaction score
You can get it in Maine..... Just not above the arctic circle where JDK lives! LOL
Actually I'm wrong. According to there website it is not available in Maine. Weird... I thought I had seen it at grocery stores in Southern Maine

WetWool

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try some also. What is the closest state to get it?
It's huge in PA., not sure how much closer than that. Mix a Schaefer and a Schlitz together if you must and you'll have your yuengling.🤮

WetWool

Reaction score
Actually I'm wrong. According to there website it is not available in Maine. Weird... I thought I had seen it at grocery stores in Southern Maine
I still think a man with a can of sterno may be further ahead of the game. 😁

Mikejd

Reaction score
This topic has come up before and I got a bunch of shit over my reply. I will say this again, there is no drinking allowed in my camp. I won't go into details again. My camp my rules.....
Must be a lonely camp.