What did you see?

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Is that where you got the real big one? 267#
No, that one was up north along the Allagash River. I want to go one last time before I get too old to hunt the mountains. My wife is not feeling well and does not want to be at home alone. There is no cell coverage in that area so I have been hunting around my house the last 3 years. That buck on Tuesday was maybe 300 yards out my front door.

groundtender

Reaction score
No, that one was up north along the Allagash River. I want to go one last time before I get too old to hunt the mountains. My wife is not feeling well and does not want to be at home alone. There is no cell coverage in that area so I have been hunting around my house the last 3 years. That buck on Tuesday was maybe 300 yards out my front door.
Get an Inreach, and go to Allagash

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I have not seen squat since I messed up last week, I have been out every day except Sunday and was actually out Sunday checking a few cams and repositioned a stand? Did see a scrape that had a branch broken maybe 2 feet long that was hanging at the scrape and now it is on the ground so Mr. Big must have visited sometime in the past week and broke it off?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I have not seen squat since I messed up last week, I have been out every day except Sunday and was actually out Sunday checking a few cams and repositioned a stand? Did see a scrape that had a branch broken maybe 2 feet long that was hanging at the scrape and now it is on the ground so Mr. Big must have visited sometime in the past week and broke it off?
Possible, but a lot of bucks will use the same scrape. Do you have a camera or you can hang there?

mowbizz

Reaction score
Checked cams yesterday after my 6 hour sit (56 hours on stand since start of muzzle with no deer sightings). One cam that historically, sees most buck/rut activity was dead cold.
There was one night video that was probably a flying squirrel climbing the tree…just scratching noise. The other 2 cams had zero and one 4 pointer a week ago at 10 pm.
I actually ventured onto some of the neighbors other acreage to see if I could find some sign…then onto the next landowner’s property that had trees cut a few years back. Found one older deer raisinette pile although the pellets were huge…(I’m guessing it was a week or 2 old) Then I had to come in as the wife had a dr appointment.
I don’t generally see many deer in gun season on stand, usually one or two and if it’s a buck it’s killed. Last year Missed a little spike as he was moving quickly across my lane but killed a coyote that was following him a few minutes later. Thinking about doing some still hunting in another area if my bad hips allow…😡 Not complaining but it’s easy to get discouraged even though I know that any second it can all change! 😊

JJM6

Reaction score
I've got about 40 hrs in since muzzleloader. Saw one flag during muzzle loader and missed a doe Saturday in zone L. It was early and she was in the thick stuff. As she walked into the only shooting lane I had I was too quick on the trigger and planted one in the ground right in front of her. Back at it Friday. Not much sign in the way of fresh droppings, rubs or scrapes in my area this year.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Possible, but a lot of bucks will use the same scrape. Do you have a camera or you can hang there?
Probably should throw up a cam on that scrape. Just in from morning sit and coffee. Moving a ground blind in a minute for this afternoon.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Today it was raining and I was in my ground blind I moved across the street in some thick stuff. Sat there a few mornings and afternoons without seeing any deer but they do cross that area as I have seen them in past years. 0830 I look out my left window and two does are running full blast and a big buck is right on their tail. They were gone in a blink of an eye. Went back out in the afternoon hoping to catch them in the area but saw nothing?

Latest posts