What brought you here?

Nimrod

Reaction score
All,

Being a newbie here, I was just thinking about why I joined this forum. Sure, I like forums and this isn't the only one I have joined, but it is the most recent.

No, I am not a newbie to hunting. In fact, I took a 20 year hiatus from hunting because my work schedule conflicted with it. That has recently changed and I will have more time to spend in the woods and on the water.

I primarily hunt deer and I have a house in Maine that I like spending time at. Recently, with the scarcity of food at the supermarkets, several friends of mine asked that I show them the ropes of hunting. No, I am not a registered guide. However, I will gladly share with them what I know and have them in my camp.

I joined this forum because it has a number of people here from the northeast and wanted a place to chat about local hunting spots and not someplace I will likely never go. Not that I am opposed to traveling and exploring other places. After all, I did hunt 2 seasons on Anticosti Island back in 99 and 2000.

Where do you hunt? Why are you here? How long have you been here?

mowbizz

Reaction score
West/ central NH here. Basically hunt my own and one neighbor’s property. Can’t walk a lot anymore because my hips start complaining (soon to be 73 years old)
Been here a few years (2009) a like it because a lot of the guys here are local.
It’s a nice way to share hunting kills and stories with a local flavor. Definitely good people on here!😊

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Been here since 2014. Live in NJ and hunt mostly there. I found the real attraction to this site was all the guys who hunted up in Maine. Someplace that I have been hunting since 1990. Love roaming the mountains and swamps in Maine where you see few people or deer.:)

JDK

Reaction score
Says I joined in 2004. Not sure that is true or not. Came over from the old Huntingchat site with a lot of the guys that no longer post here. Many of the same reasons already cited. Got tired of sites where a vast majority of the posters had no clue about northeast hunting (not that it is bad just didn't fit in with the food plot, small woodlot, beanfield rifle crew).

Live in northern Maine.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Like JDK I came over from the old Huntingchat site as well...we had a pretty big crew in here back when forums were more popular. Love alll the Northeast content and friendships made over the years.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I followed JDK and Shawn. There may have even been a site before that we were all on too. Stick around for the same reasons. Back in the day it was the only place to talk about northeast hunting, gear, habitat, tracking, current events. Was a great group of guys back in the day with a ton of experience, not that there isn’t now, but was the highlight of my morning catching up on stuff.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
I followed JDK and Shawn. There may have even been a site before that we were all on too. Stick around for the same reasons. Back in the day it was the only place to talk about northeast hunting, gear, habitat, tracking, current events. Was a great group of guys back in the day with a ton of experience, not that there isn’t now, but was the highlight of my morning catching up on stuff.
I think it was Jesse’s Hunting site if I remember right. How old is Willy’s son Buddy now? I don’t even think he was born then.

BobtheBear

Reaction score
I am here because , I received this message one day from this guy Longbow and he said " come join our forum or I'll gut you like a bear ! ". I was like "yikes , I better friggin join " and then he says " post summting or I'll mount your head over my fireplace !.So I have been posting over a year now. ( * DISCLAIMER : The preceeding may / or may not be a total lie 😉)

Anyway , I found the forum about a year ago , liked the vibe of the board.All these guys are people I would go to deer camp with , they are insightful , funny and always there to help when ya got questions.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I am here because , I received this message one day from this guy Longbow and he said " come join our forum or I'll gut you like a bear ! ". I was like "yikes , I better friggin join " and then he says " post summting or I'll mount your head over my fireplace !.So I have been posting over a year now. ( * DISCLAIMER : The preceeding may / or may not be a total lie 😉)

Anyway , I found the forum about a year ago , liked the vibe of the board.All these guys are people I would go to deer camp with , they are insightful , funny and always there to help when ya got questions.
I got my eye on you, ya'll haven't been posting much lately.....

Latest posts