What are the worst excuses you have heard for not seeing or getting a deer?

JDK

Reaction score
The battery in my light died just as I was squeezing the trigger

I couldn’t get the window down fast enought

The windshield must have caused the bullet to expand before it got to the deer

JDK

Reaction score
My wife bought me a PETA membership.

I’ve decided to become a vegan.

JDK

Reaction score
I wasn’t done wiping when he walked by

JJM6

Reaction score
I was eating a sandwich when he ran by (my dads story after I busted through a jungle and thorns losing about a pint of blood)!

mowbizz

Reaction score
1. Muh HIPS! 🤣
Lol…did a 2+ mile still hunt yesterday and my hips and feet are screaming today…reminder to self: wear better fitting boots for still hunting! The mucks didn’t cut it!
2. The deer have me “patterned” so well, they avoid my blind area at all costs!
3. No deer here! (Not enough “dumb” deer to walk in front of me!)😂

NH Mountains

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago Vermont’s kill was down so the F&G said the lower kill was due to too much mast in the woods so deer weren’t moving as much. That same year the NH kill was up and the F&G said it was due to the abundance of mast in the woods so deer were moving all over and hunters were able to find them easier. I may have the states backwards but, it really did happen.

12point

Reaction score
The crescent palm saver on my ramrod rotated partially in front of the bore and the bullet clipped the plastic and missed the deer. Really happened....broke the palmsaver too. Ouch.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago Vermont’s kill was down so the F&G said the lower kill was due to too much mast in the woods so deer weren’t moving as much. That same year the NH kill was up and the F&G said it was due to the abundance of mast in the woods so deer were moving all over and hunters were able to find them easier. I may have the states backwards but, it really did happen.
Between the lines reads- NH hunters hunt forest while VT hunters hunt Agriculture fields!

Latest posts