What a trip out west.

MGK

Reaction score
My wife and I headed to BC. It was a typical vaca with 1 day of fishing tied in. We hit it well. Spectacular scenery, great guide which has became a friend, and unbelievable fishing. Emma and I both broke the Tyee mark and mine was “a fish of a lifetime”. Not to mention a limit of halibut and a meal of dungies (best shellfish I’ve had). Plus other salmon. I think a return trip might happen. For those who care, her salmon was considered 35lbs and mine was 47lbs (both released)

Last edited:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
So, what, did you win the lottery or something?;)

That was some trip. If I go there, I am going fishing with that guy! Whenever I go on a charter the weather is either terrible or I should have been there yesterday!

I'm glad you hit it good. Something you two will always remember and hopefully do again.

MGK

Reaction score
My wife and I headed to BC. It was a typical vaca with 1 day of fishing tied in. We hit it well. Spectacular scenery, great guide which has became a friend, and unbelievable fishing. Emma and I both broke the Tyee mark and mine was “a fish of a lifetime”. Not to mention a limit of halibut and a meal of dungies (best shellfish I’ve had). Plus other salmon. I think a return trip might happen. For those who care, her salmon was considered 35lbs and mine was 47lbs (both released)

So, what, did you win the lottery or something?;)

That was some trip. If I go there, I am going fishing with that guy! Whenever I go on a charter the weather is either terrible or I should have been there yesterday!

I'm glad you hit it good. Something you two will always remember and hopefully do again.
You know, we have been on our fair share of charters and none I would write home about. I guess we did win the lottery. It was a trip of a lifetime

MGK

Reaction score

Those salmon are huge. A bet they gave a great fight.

Are they trolling a rigged up bait fish(herring) of some kind for them?

No very simple setup. Flasher and spoons

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Great post and trip. I get to Alaska evry couple years for client meetings and really need to coordinate the next one around a fishing trip. It is such beautiful scenery (great photos) and apparently remarkable fishing.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
That's awesome, Matt! That kind of fishing will spoil you for sure! And the wife too! Hopefully headed to Juneau next June for a meeting, and will definitely get some fishing in.