Wells Report May-Nov 2015

Wells Bowhunter67

Reaction score
Since our trip to South Dakota the end of May, checking in here once a week or so. Congrats to all the successes!

This past summer Chase and I ran our own baits up in the Sunday River area. Thx Willy 13!

We had a good bear hunt, plenty of bears,

Chase scored on a 168lb Boar Tuesday night of that week and I took a smaller boar on Thursday of that week . Second week 2 more bears come off those same 2 baits.

Bear Hunts with Chase and the crew up in Bethel, I'll never forget it.

Trail cam picked up Chases Kill****VID***

Wells Bowhunter67

Reaction score
With the free nights we had from Hockey , tried to put Chase on a deer with his bow, one night had an opportunity with 3 Does out in front of him that was just locked onto us.

Friday night, the last night before Saturdays youth hunt we had him out at 80 yards, just one more night and Chase would've had a smoker of a buck.

We hunted the next week a couple nights with bow with no luck. Off to rifle season for JR.

Last edited:

Wells Bowhunter67

Reaction score
Halloween night, Chase was never into putting on a costume so we would dress up as hunters in search of a deer for him, Any Deer permit in his pocket . He says a big Doe will do.

31 Oct He would take 1 of 4 that came out with his 7mm-08 and we watched her go 30 yards and stay in the field which he shot her in. He was pumped!. ok Dad was too!

124lbs Wells Me Doe

Last edited:

Steve/NH

Reaction score
Nice update. Thanks. Hopefully that buck makes it till next year so he gets another crack at him.
Is that the Hawkeye or the MarkII? Brad has the Hawkeye in .308 and drives tacks with it.

Browseline

Reaction score
Gone that week so missed this . Quite a season for you two. Thanks for all the pictures and report.

Latest posts