we lost a legend

das fisch

Reaction score
He came up to camp for dinner a few weeks back. Even though his body was giving out and he struggled to find words sometimes his eyes still had that glow of life in them, his spirit was there, we talked about a few outings we had and goddammit... all he wanted to do was deep fry a groundhog!!!

He was loved and respected by many people, many more than I know about. He had dreams for after his recovery, was concerned with those he knew he'd be leaving behind and made sure his family and girlfriend were well taken care of.

He t old me about the bench he was having made instead of a headstone. It has his name, his guide insignia and best of all... a few cup holders. It was to be placed in the woods at his camp so anyone passing thru could have a seat and relax in the place he loved to be. That just shows how much he cared for other people as well!
He influenced the lives of many people, including not only myself but my two boys as well.

bmiller

Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your friend passin,my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
I talked to him on the phone a year before last about hunting bear at his place,really excited bout bear hunting,he even recommended the guide i hunted the first year in New Brunswick with.
Don seemed like a nice person, hate to hear this .

Parker650

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss...this brings me back to our experience last year, something I can 100% completely relate to but try not to relive. RIP Strings...

He always seems to take the best too early...

...absolutely love the Bench idea. A great lasting tribute!!

JDK

Reaction score
My condolances.

I really like his bench idea.

VTwoodchuck

Reaction score
He and I PMed regarding his lease in Missouri. He went out of his way to give me suggestions and advice. Dang, we lost a good and generous member.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.

hornz

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks das. I know you and him were good buddies.

RIP Strings54