VT Youth

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
Wow. If it rained a few more minutes before he shot it would have broke the 22lb mark. I don't know about you, but I always want the kids to suffer a little before success. Maybe thats wrong, I don't know, but having him hunt that long in the cold rain and be rewarded with that bird is solid. Nice work Lav and Carl.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Wow. If it rained a few more minutes before he shot it would have broke the 22lb mark. I don't know about you, but I always want the kids to suffer a little before success. Maybe thats wrong, I don't know, but having him hunt that long in the cold rain and be rewarded with that bird is solid. Nice work Lav and Carl.
My buddy took his 8 year old out for his first day ever on Saturday. The kid shot a 23.57lb Tom with a 10-5/8" beard and 1-1/16" hooks. Talk about a helluva first bird!

My buddy, his brother, and his father have been turkey hunting for decades, and they have never got a bird that big.

longbow

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I always want the kids to suffer a little before success. Maybe thats wrong, I don't know, but having him hunt that long in the cold rain and be rewarded with that bird is solid. .
It sure is! Suffering; as in earning your game is a good thing. Problem is, it's tough to just get some kids to go hunting, and if there is too much suffering then they will go hide under Mommy's wing. Now, if suffering, disappointment and failure only motivate the youngster to try harder then you know you have one with the heart of a true hunter. It is apparent that you have some good ones there...

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
My buddy took his 8 year old out for his first day ever on Saturday. The kid shot a 23.57lb Tom with a 10-5/8" beard and 1-1/16" hooks. Talk about a helluva first bird!

My buddy, his brother, and his father have been turkey hunting for decades, and they have never got a bird that big.
Does he have a dinosaur tag, because thats not a turkey.