Utah Hunting Area Next Season

forestcure

Reaction score
I am looking for some good hunting ground for next years deer season. I grew up hunting in Idaho but am now a Utah resident and can't pay out-of-state hunting fees in Idaho. I haven't gone since moving to UT and it is killing me. I need to find a connection with someone who has some ground or has an "in" with someone that would let me hunt with them. Northern UT is pretty crowded this year. I'd prefer to be somewhere where I can see more deer than hunters and not the other way around. Does anyone have any suggestions?

sc003ro

Reaction score
I am looking for some good hunting ground for next years deer season. I grew up hunting in Idaho but am now a Utah resident and can't pay out-of-state hunting fees in Idaho. I haven't gone since moving to UT and it is killing me. I need to find a connection with someone who has some ground or has an "in" with someone that would let me hunt with them. Northern UT is pretty crowded this year. I'd prefer to be somewhere where I can see more deer than hunters and not the other way around. Does anyone have any suggestions?[/b]
I have a friend that lives near Logan UT. We hunted cow elk and there were Deer and Elk all over the place... All public land too. the Elk I shot a farmer flagged us down and said "you elk huntin..yes...well there are about 300 eating my hay ...go shoot them all".....

In a week I saw about 200 mulies, mostly does but a couple bucks and 500 elk. All were on Public grounds. I will try and get the name of the WMA we were in

Find a farmer and ask....they want them out of there