Update

Terry

Reaction score
Hello everybody, and it's been a while since I procured on hunting chat.net. Reason being, on July 9, 2019, The Bride, My wife Janet, found me not able to stand up for walk. She therefore called for an ambulance to take me to the Emergency Department [ED} at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. There in the ED She had a conversation with a lady doctor in the ED who got me an MRI which showed a tumor on the thoracic Fifth vertebrae. They delivered me back to my spot in the ED and there was an ambulance crew already waiting for me there to transfer me to TUFFs Medical Center in Boston. Due to the fact that I was on Plavix, they could not operate on me at that time and I was scheduled for surgery on 19 July 2019. I had a thoracic laminectomy to remove the tumor, and to post put in thoracic 4 and thoracic 6 with 2 rods going between the post. I additionally had an ommaya port put in my head with a stent going into the sinuses in my brain and I received intravenous therapy via that port for seven weeks at Metro's Medical Center cancer care center. By mid August I was receiving chemotherapy for three weeks at Tufts then I received the next seven weeks of chemotherapy at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. In October, I received four weeks of radiation therapy on my thoracic chest. Needless to say, always had an effect on my brain. I am still receiving chemotherapy twice a day by a pill which cost $1000.00 a pill for the rest of my life. I must thank Astra Seneca for paying for them for me. It would be a cost that would bankrupt me and then some. Needless to say, all of this is habits up back dealing with my safety to get into a tree stand of which I have definitely not ignored. I have been in my 16 foot ladder for exactly 4 hours to hunt deer in 2021. I'm not sure what my brain Regarding my safety but I am not going to argue with it.

Cancer is bad enough! But the chemotherapy that we have to endure his treatment is even worse for its side effects couldn't ever expect. I did get to hunt in Wisconsin last October and shot a button buck off of my sons back deck. It was interesting because he had a whole gear made in the venison bacon. I could not believe what pictures open in Wisconsin will do with you venison in processing. I'm in hopes I can find a butcher down here in Massachusetts that can make venison bacon venison hotdogs venison sausage along with the other normal things. I do not wish cancer on anyone including my worst enemies. But I do not want to see anybody endure the side effects of chemotherapy because they are brutal and you never know what's going to happen next. Best of luck to everybody hunting this fall,

Blessings, Terry

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Hi Terry. You are a strong heavyweight fighter. Congratulations on making it through the bulk and majority of the treatment. Good luck in your recovery progress.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Jeez Terry. Sorry to hear about your last few years. I have no other words other than that just flat out sucks!!! I hope you're able to hunt and enjoy your time doing so.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Keep up the fight and faith Terry. Every day is a blessing. Hope you back a big buck this fall.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I wish you well Terry . You are one tough cookie . The important thing is you are back and going to enjoy what you love to do . Best of luck this year !

Sgt Mike Ala

Reaction score
Terry Good to hear from you. We are of both one the originals on Huntingchat. Wish you he best.

Last edited:

Terry

Reaction score
Thank You everyone for the encouragement! Unfortunately due to The Brides radiation schedule it's doubtful will get the Wisconsin the hunt at my son's place this season. Nevertheless, I expect to be in the stand here in Massachusetts, come Monday, October 3. Blessings on all of you and I hope you all get plenty of venison for the winter. Blessings, Terry.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
Hope you have a great fall Terry and the two of you are better soon!

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Glad to hear from you. Best wishes and thoughts and prayers to you and your wife. I hope you get out an knock down a corker this season.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Need a little help. My brain does not work like it did before my cancer diagnosis.

How do I post pictures/video now?
Click on the little mountain icon next to the paper clip looking thing on the top banner of your post.Then you can take a photo or get one from your photo library. They’ll normally need to be resized which is easy on an iPhone. Hold your camera sideways when taking a photo not up and down. If you need any more help let me know.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Wow, you had a rough couple of years. Hope you are feeling better and able to get out and hunt some this year.

Reaction score
Hello everybody, and it's been a while since I procured on hunting chat.net. Reason being, on July 9, 2019, The Bride, My wife Janet, found me not able to stand up for walk. She therefore called for an ambulance to take me to the Emergency Department [ED} at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. There in the ED She had a conversation with a lady doctor in the ED who got me an MRI which showed a tumor on the thoracic Fifth vertebrae. They delivered me back to my spot in the ED and there was an ambulance crew already waiting for me there to transfer me to TUFFs Medical Center in Boston. Due to the fact that I was on Plavix, they could not operate on me at that time and I was scheduled for surgery on 19 July 2019. I had a thoracic laminectomy to remove the tumor, and to post put in thoracic 4 and thoracic 6 with 2 rods going between the post. I additionally had an ommaya port put in my head with a stent going into the sinuses in my brain and I received intravenous therapy via that port for seven weeks at Metro's Medical Center cancer care center. By mid August I was receiving chemotherapy for three weeks at Tufts then I received the next seven weeks of chemotherapy at MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham. In October, I received four weeks of radiation therapy on my thoracic chest. Needless to say, always had an effect on my brain. I am still receiving chemotherapy twice a day by a pill which cost $1000.00 a pill for the rest of my life. I must thank Astra Seneca for paying for them for me. It would be a cost that would bankrupt me and then some. Needless to say, all of this is habits up back dealing with my safety to get into a tree stand of which I have definitely not ignored. I have been in my 16 foot ladder for exactly 4 hours to hunt deer in 2021. I'm not sure what my brain Regarding my safety but I am not going to argue with it.

Cancer is bad enough! But the chemotherapy that we have to endure his treatment is even worse for its side effects couldn't ever expect. I did get to hunt in Wisconsin last October and shot a button buck off of my sons back deck. It was interesting because he had a whole gear made in the venison bacon. I could not believe what pictures open in Wisconsin will do with you venison in processing. I'm in hopes I can find a butcher down here in Massachusetts that can make venison bacon venison hotdogs venison sausage along with the other normal things. I do not wish cancer on anyone including my worst enemies. But I do not want to see anybody endure the side effects of chemotherapy because they are brutal and you never know what's going to happen next. Best of luck to everybody hunting this fall,

Blessings, Terry
God bless you Terry for your strength and endurance during all of this! May you continue to climb that ladder, literally! Cancer truly sucks (its affected our family too ugh)!!! It's been awhile since I've been here also and just got an email so came here.

Latest posts