Truck tires

NH Hunter

Reaction score
A I could see was the “Defender” LTX M&S
Is that the same tire?
Had to look it up, but yes. Same tread design. Great tire and wear like iron IMO. Obviously being consistent about rotation like any tire is important.

JDK

Reaction score
Years ago, I bought a relatively aggressive high millage set of tires for my truck (honestly don't even remember the make). What I found was that they were so hard that when it was cold, it was like driving on ice skates. No traction and I could barely keep the truck on the road. Terrible. Did not even keep them a season.

Has that changed for those who are getting 60,000 miles out of a set of tires?

arlow

Reaction score
Years ago, I bought a relatively aggressive high millage set of tires for my truck (honestly don't even remember the make). What I found was that they were so hard that when it was cold, it was like driving on ice skates. No traction and I could barely keep the truck on the road. Terrible. Did not even keep them a season.

Has that changed for those who are getting 60,000 miles out of a set of tires?
nope the bfg ko 2's are awesome in the snow and I got 63000 out of the last set

JDK

Reaction score
Thanks Arlow

The tire shop is recommending those same tires for my new truck.

JDK

Reaction score
I just put the BFG KO2s on my Tundra. Only 400 miles on the truck but I am impressed with how quiet they are for an aggressive tire.

Both MGK and I had Geolanders (Chevy and Ford) in the past. I thought they were a very good tire when new and I would have rated them as one of the best I owned in snow. However, they seemed to wear very quickly and when worn to about 50% the traction really went to heck. They were cheap at the time and I would have replaced them with the same had I gotten better wear.

That said, I average about 20K on my truck each year so things then to wear out in short order.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I just put the BFG KO2s on my Tundra. Only 400 miles on the truck but I am impressed with how quiet they are for an aggressive tire.

Both MGK and I had Geolanders (Chevy and Ford) in the past. I thought they were a very good tire when new and I would have rated them as one of the best I owned in snow. However, they seemed to wear very quickly and when worn to about 50% the traction really went to heck. They were cheap at the time and I would have replaced them with the same had I gotten better wear.

That said, I average about 20K on my truck each year so things then to wear out in short order.
Good tires ,have a picture?

JDK

Reaction score
Same size 255R70 18

I can't seem to get a good picture with the tires but will try.

g

JDK

Reaction score
How do you like driving in that after your old truck? Must be quite a difference. New car smell, everything tight and new.

It is quite the difference for sure. Already have a scratch as my wife wanted to go for a ride in the woods after me owning it for 12 hours. Said if I wasn't going to change my driving habits then she wanted to be with me when it got scratched. Mission accomplished.:)

It really is a nice truck and exactly what I would have wanted pre-COVID. No carpeting, vinyl seats,...the work truck series. Just filled it for the second time and have been getting 18.3 mpg if you can trust the computer.

JDK

Reaction score
How do you like driving in that after your old truck? Must be quite a difference. New car smell, everything tight and new.

It is quite the difference for sure. Already have a scratch as my wife wanted to go for a ride in the woods after me owning it for 12 hours. Said if I wasn't going to change my driving habits then she wanted to be with me when it got scratched. Mission accomplished.:)

It really is a nice truck and exactly what I would have wanted pre-COVID. No carpeting, vinyl seats,...the work truck series. Just filled it for the second time and have been getting 18.3 mpg if you can trust the computer.
He went smaller, but had issues uploading the picture.

LOL

Easier to load stuff in the bed that way.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
No carpeting, vinyl seats,...the work truck series. Just filled it for the second time and have been getting 18.3 mpg if you can trust the computer.
That's what mine has, vinyl seats and rubber floor. I love it. I like the vinyl seats a lot better than cloth. I guess leather would be the best but I didn't want to pay for them. The middle section flips up also so you can get 3 in the front, something you can't do if you get leather.

IMG_3775.jpg IMG_3774.jpg

Reactions: JDK

Latest posts