Treestand recommendations

Reaction score
I am looking to get some new treestands for bow hunting and rifle. I was searching for a nice climber. One particular area i hunt is mostly hardwoods and alot of growing choppings. I was thinking of the xop ambush sit and climb. 4 in carrying profile and 18 lbs. Many of these areas i have quite a walk to. I was going to go with summit but they are very bulky when carrying and are not a nice sleak profile. What are your thoughts and recommendations? I do also have mobile set ups with light weight poetable and climbing sticks. Should i invest in a climber at all?

lester2

Reaction score
The only climber I have is a Summit and I love it. Yes, it is bulky and heavier than most but I really like the ability to move when I want or need to vs a ladder stand. I like mine with the shooting rail, I feel very secure in it, so much that once I secure my x-bow or rifle I can actually take a snooze in it. Short jaunts are easy with it on my back but if I have to go a distance sometimes what I’ll do is put it and any other gear in my jet sled and pull it instead, especially if there’s a logging road or trail the way I’m going. I did replace the cheesy shoulder straps with surplus military molle ruck straps and that made a huge difference.

lester2

Reaction score
It’s the summit viper but I honestly don’t know if it’s the XL version, I bought it second hand. I’m 5’8” and 180lbs and I don’t have a ton of room in it so I’d guess it’s the standard size.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
hard to beat a lone wolf XL for what you're describing, But honestly look into a tree saddle and a 4 sections of lone wolf climbing sticks.

Latest posts