TREES fruit and nut

ojibwa

Reaction score
which one do best in southern NH.. down here we plant various types of apples and pears deer will walk past apples to get to pears down here..
We also plant persimmon trees and as far a nut trees sawtooth oaks,willow oaks and Chestnut trees..

So what does best up there?

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Red oak, white oak, some chestnuts, apples, pears (at least in CT), beech, certain maple leaves are like deer candy when they hit the ground too, all draw deer at different times

VTwoodchuck

Reaction score
Red oak, white oak, some chestnuts, apples, pears (at least in CT), beech, certain maple leaves are like deer candy when they hit the ground too, all draw deer at different times
I agree with everything that Shawn posted. Ive only seen it a few times but when the Maple leaves are transforming sugars, its like crack!

I planted Chestnuts this year and they seem to be doing well. I will post later.

I did some scouting in VA last month and quickly realized the endless variety of nuts down south. I really have to drill down on tree identification, nut maturity cycles and deer preferences. You only need to know a few in NE. Good luck