Time To Start

Terry

Reaction score
It's reached that time to start really making sure my Barnett Ghost 385 Hunter is ready for the season. Just changed the scope ring mount combination and getting a proper zero is paramount. Once accomplished, 3D Deer targets practice will be next from a tree-stand. Never can be too ready for a deer to show up during the hunting season.

swnoel

Reaction score
That's great they fly the same... it sure would suck to have to resight every time you wanted to switch.

mowbizz

Reaction score
That's great they fly the same... it sure would suck to have to resight every time you wanted to switch.
They don’t all fly the same but several manufacturers tout theirs as flying the same as your field point.
I’ve found the NAP Spitfires (in the same weight) do fly the same and on my Excalibur their fixed blade Bolt Cutter flies the same so I stick with what works.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve found the NAP Spitfires (in the same weight) do fly the same and on my Excalibur their fixed blade Bolt Cutter flies the same so I stick with what works.
Are you using the 100 or 150 grain Boltcutters? I use the 150, as that is what the recommend with my Excal. Bulldog 400, with the 18" bolts. I am going to try the 150 grain Swhackers this year, they look deadly. Just ordered them and they come with a practice head.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Are you using the 100 or 150 grain Boltcutters? I use the 150, as that is what the recommend with my Excal. Bulldog 400, with the 18" bolts. I am going to try the 150 grain Swhackers this year, they look deadly. Just ordered them and they come with a practice head.
Yes I use the 150 grain and I even have some FOC's in 175 gr that fly well too. On my Mission crossbow I use the 125 gr Spitfires.

Terry

Reaction score
I use RAGE pracatice tip and they do fly just like target tips. Since I changed my scope mounts, I want to be very sure I have no change in the set up andwhere it hits the target. It's not a waste of time, just more practice to me before I spend all my time shooting out of a stand for the season. Nice part about htis bag target is that I can turn it around and have a deer target to practice on, even though I use 3D deer targets after my zero is checked and I am sure of it.