Time for a new harness

Bucksaw

Reaction score
Going to be doing more bow hunting this year and want to get a new harness to go with my lone wolf hand climber. I have been using a HSS vest style harness but it is heavy, noisy, and a little old. If I can't make up my mind I'll probably keep using but I would like something a little more light weight. Have looked at Muddy, HSS, Tree Spider...and then I started googling and saw all of the people recommending rock climbing harnesses. I know that any harness is better than none but the rock climbing harness got my attention. What is everyone using? Anyone actually fell out of their stand with either type on?

longbow

Reaction score
I use a summit seat of the pants harness. If you secure the tree strap way above your head, when you sit down it pulls up snuggling on you, very secure. You won’t get that with the rock climbing harness which goes around your waist only. I practiced hanging from mine a few feet off the ground, not too comfortable but I am athletic and can do whatever I need to do to get out of it, Or back onto the stand.

Bucksaw

Reaction score
I use a summit seat of the pants harness. If you secure the tree strap way above your head, when you sit down it pulls up snuggling on you, very secure. You won’t get that with the rock climbing harness which goes around your waist only. I practiced hanging from mine a few feet off the ground, not too comfortable but I am athletic and can do whatever I need to do to get out of it, Or back onto the stand.
That was my concern with the rock climbing harness. In the video I watched the guy intentionally feel from his stand a few feet off the ground to show how your body would swing. What I liked about it was the way that you fall in a rock climbing harness you are facing the tree a opposed to away from the tree in a traditional harness, that and the fact that you wouldn't be subject to suspension trauma.

VTHunter08

Reaction score