Ticks

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
I was out this morning from 5-12 and we picked 16 ticks off my jacket pants shirt and body. I’m only a second year hunter but work outdoors and have been in the woods cutting trees trapping and tracking my whole life. The ticks seem especially nasty this year. Has anyone else noticed this?

mowbizz

Reaction score
Ticks have been noticeably absent in my woods...thank god for that. Central NH

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
I was getting a lot this spring looking for sheds but 16 in a few hours is something else. A lot were smaller than normal

VTHunter08

Reaction score
They seemed really bad all year this year in northern vermont too

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I didn't even put the tick meds on my dogs this summer - It was like they disappeared. Then, about the first week of October they came back with a vengeance, and it has been UGLY ever since in southern VT.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
I pulled 3 of the smaller deer ticks off me this weekend and killed them. My buddy got back to camp and had one imbedded in his throat. We couldn’t get it out and now it’s infected so he’s headed to the doctor today.

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
Pulled one off my neck back in the spring that itched for a month and I also made a trip to urgent care when I found one in my leg and saw rings but they weren’t wasting time with measly tick bites with everything else going on back in March turned out it was just inflammation that got colorful

JJM6

Reaction score
They have the same effect on me. Once embedded and removed, itch forever. Pulled two off last week, Back of the head and one on my neck. Still have the welts. Each time out since had them crawling on my hands and arms. Southern NH

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Really bad in SE Mass this year too. Don't mess around with tick bites. Lyme disease will rock your world, especially if it is not diagnosed and treated right away.

Fish4life

Reaction score
Not many in Springfield NH this fall. Last spring there was a ton of them I used Permethrin on my clothes for Spring turkey and it works incredibly well!

Latest posts