Three days of Flintlock/Archery left

PaMass

Reaction score
Off Friday ,Saturday and Monday the last day of late season .Just have to get motivated.Couldn't get the rear moving last Saturday due to disgust.Planning on where to try and go now.It is crap shoot unless I find some real good food sources in the mountains or try and still hunt.No fresh snow right now anyway.Temps climbed to 50 today.

PaMass

Reaction score
No deer seen today except the three jumping the road on way out at 5:30.One owl seen.Almost hit one.I talked to one geocacher that I bumped into along the trail.A few of these are hidden in the area I was in in.Found one a year ago myself.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Never hunted that part of PA. I hunted the NE part around Friendsville of and on for 20 years. Recently I've been checking NW part of the state around Ridgeway. I've never hunted the flintlock season. Sounds fun.

PaMass

Reaction score
Never hunted that part of PA. I hunted the NE part around Friendsville of and on for 20 years. Recently I've been checking NW part of the state around Ridgeway. I've never hunted the flintlock season. Sounds fun.
Flintlock season can be a lot of fun with a group putting on drives if you like that. Think the deer herd on public is better up that way. Big woods up there. If you like to be alone you can get very alone also. Not a ton of deer around SGL I hunt but lots of deer on private near home.

PaMass

Reaction score
Walked into public acouple miles this morning and found lots of sign.Bumped acouple then later had three doe come by which I did not shoot at..Bumped three more later in the day.Saw 8 today which is not bad for last day on public.

Latest posts