This years sheds

Wandling

Reaction score
Here's to the start of my 2017 shed season. I haven't found anything yet. I've only been out one time so far. I covered about 5 miles yesterday. I found two small bucks hit by cars and three does killed by coyotes. My brother found a couple that have been laying for years. My neighbor has hit the jackpot so far. He's found 9 all around my camp in Ohio. I'm going out tomorrow close to home. It's still a bit early as I'm still seeing bucks.

Wandling

Reaction score
Here's a super old doe skull I found. I'd say she was 7 years old or more. Look how worn the teeth are.

Wandling

Reaction score
My girl. She needs to keep her tongue in her mouth when in briars. It was bleeding pretty bad.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
ugh green briar, I don't miss those damn things! My scent lok doesn't either!

I'm surprised you guys are finding drops down there already. Ohio still has a month of hunting season to go!

Wandling

Reaction score
I still haven't found anything yet this year. I'm still seeing bucks with both sides. I'm planning on going to my camp later this month to look.

Wandling

Reaction score
I found these in Ohio today. They are from 2 years ago. The big one is estimated at 150". I got pictures of them this year.

Wandling

Reaction score
I want a chance at the big 8 so bad. I've been studying topo maps trying to connect the dots. I found his shed about 500 yards or less from where I got his picture. I have permission to hunt where I found the shed. (I didn't last year). The shed is from 2 years ago so I hope he made it through the season. There is very little sign to go off of to try to figure out his route. It's a straight shot down one point that crosses a holler and up to the flat on my place where the pictures were taken. He was on my place 3 nights in a row with the earliest pictures taken around 6:30 pm. In one month that's the only time he was there along with about 15 other bucks that passed through in just a few days. It should be fairly easy to get a chance but a new guy bought a piece of land that joins mine and the other property where the deer stays. He has a stand not far from where the crossing is. He had the deer so screwed up last year that they completely changed their pattern from the last 8 years I've hunted there. Where his stand is the wind swirls all day long.

Last edited:

Wandling

Reaction score
My friend found that shed yesterday. It's from the deer in the picture from two years ago. He saw it once in bow season with no shot.

Wandling

Reaction score
These sheds were found in southern Ohio a few years ago. They grossed 257". The Deer was supposed to have been killed in muzzleloader season after it shed his rack. The net typical score was around 230". It was a walking world record.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I believe so...

The Ohio Giant. Here is some "LIGHT" reading...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2135056&highlight=ohio+giant+buck
I made it through 3 pages of that thread before I couldn't stand it any longer. 2 factors lead to that........ One being I have the attention span of a cheese doodle when it comes to reading that stuff, and the typical hard on posts that I can't stand were to much for me to handle before having a mental melt down. LOL

Give us a quick synopsis on this thread if you'd be so kind. I can only imagine how douchey that got in 254 pages.......

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score
I made it through 3 pages of that thread before I couldn't stand it any longer. 2 factors lead to that........ One being I have the attention span of a cheese doodle when it comes to reading that stuff, and the typical hard on posts that I can't stand were to much for me to handle before having a mental melt down. LOL

Give us a quick synopsis on this thread if you'd be so kind. I can only imagine how douchey that got in 254 pages.......
Only class IV douches can read all 254 of that nonsense. (Apologies to any Class IV Douches on here)

Basically it was a guy with a world record class buck on trailcams.
Another guy says he knows where the buck lives.
Then a ton of people calling bluff.
Then one guy was a fraud.

In the end, I'm not sure anyone found sheds, or caught the buck on cam again.

Don't read anymore, you won't get that time back in your life. Especially since its not related to this pic anyway I guess.

Latest posts