The Shot

Flatlander

Reaction score
Ct. is vaccinating age 65 and critical workers. Today I spent 2 hours trying to get an appointment. The only available openings were for 2nd doses. You have to check every day in case more doses come in.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
That’s the reason I refuse to say R’s are better than D’s or vice versa. Both have dropped the ball in leadership departments and this vaccine mess clearly shows it.

mowbizz

Reaction score
After checking randomly every day, I finally saw appointments available pretty close to me.
I made the appointment for 4/14/21 but an hour later I got an email saying my appt was cancelled...wtf?
Later on I tried again and they still had appointments available, even earlier...I made another. I can’t even imagine how some old buck or old lady that was not too web savvy might get through this process..

Flatlander

Reaction score
I got an appointment for this saturday afternoon. A phone number was posted on a local forum. I called and was put on hold for about 20 minutes. Woman picked up and took my info , set me up with a facility 10 minutes from home.

Flatlander

Reaction score
I got the moderna shot ,my arm was a little sore the next day. Some people have been getting fevers and head aches after the second shot. I'm scheduled for my second shot on 3/20.

lester2

Reaction score
I’m 59 and was glad to get an email from the VA yesterday. They’re doing a couple walk-in clinics in my area giving the first shot to vets 55 and older who are enrolled in their healthcare. I’ll be in line Wednesday morning at 9am, hope I can get one.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Got an email from the state of NH yesterday asking if I/we wanted to reschedule our first shots (mine was set for 4/1/21 and wife for 3/17/21) to a “mass vaccination” the state is holding at NH MOTOR SPEEDWAY this coming Sat/Sun/Mon.
The only shot that will be given is the newer Johnson & Johnson shot which is a single dose vaccine (no 2nd shot required)
I called yesterday and hung up after a half hour on hold. I tried calling this morning and got a person right away that re-scheduled both my wife and I to the mass vaccination this coming weekend. We picked a Monday morning appointment. One and done.
This new J&J vaccine has a slightly “less efficacy” than the other shots but because of less stringent storage and transportation requirements (no “super freezing” needed) this vaccine requires only normal refrigeration. The powers that be are hoping to get more people vaccinated, at earlier dates, with the J&J shots, resulting in reaching “herd immunity” much sooner than was expected before. If this means we will be back to “normal” sooner, I am all for it. By participating in this mass event, hopefully we are doing our part to beat the dammed Chinese virus by sometime this summer. Here’s hoping!

groundtender

Reaction score
Good news for you Mowbizz. I’m done, but wife is waiting. J&J sounds good. No expert by any stretch here, but looks like it matches Moderna and Pfizer efficacy in preventing “severe CV 19” that requires hospitalization (85%). It falls behind them only by being less effective in preventing moderate CV.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Got my first Pfizer vaccine yesterday at Walgreens. Wife got a left over vaccine they were going to throw out at Walgreens on Saturday.

Flatlander

Reaction score
Found out yesterday that a friend was diagnosed with covid last week. Now he's in the hospital with covid pneumonia. His wife said it doesn't look good.

lester2

Reaction score
I’m 59 and was glad to get an email from the VA yesterday. They’re doing a couple walk-in clinics in my area giving the first shot to vets 55 and older who are enrolled in their healthcare. I’ll be in line Wednesday morning at 9am, hope I can get one.
Me and my buddy were able to get our first shots yesterday. Now I’ve got to start looking for somewhere to get it for my wife. She’s 64 so can’t sign up right now...

mowbizz

Reaction score
Found out yesterday that a friend was diagnosed with covid last week. Now he's in the hospital with covid pneumonia. His wife said it doesn't look good.
Sorry to hear about your friend...how old is he? Any compromising health issues? In a nursing home or other elderly facility?

Flatlander

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend...how old is he? Any compromising health issues? In a nursing home or other elderly facility?
He's 58. Diabetic , but otherwise healthy. He's doing better. His wife said he's getting a combination of meds. The treatments have improved since the plague started.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Well, my wife and I got the “Speedway vaccine” yesterday morning. Very smooth process with lots of personnel directing, waving, attending, welcoming smiles and medical professionals. A really uplifting event and the worker and volunteers were very appreciative that we and 11,498 others rescheduled our previous appointments to make this event happen. Kudos to our Gov and whomever else was involved! Hopefully, there will be more of these mass vaccination events as time goes on.

Latest posts