The New Doe Permits 2022

Huntermc6

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am hunting in a twilight zone in my district (dist. 21 ) but between a wildlife management area and my other hunting grounds I (we) as in 7 of us in the group ) have no issues with access to land to hunt ..and its not posted land that I am getting permission for ..its close to 3+ square miles of non posted woods.. and plenty of deer

lol. I'm sure just about every zone has some areas like that, there are plenty of areas in Zone 15 with miles between roads and houses that are not posted. My point being the more populated zones are very likely to be more developed and have more posted land year over year. While I think this new lottery system is overall a positive it doesn't do anything at this point in time address any potential access in those more populated zones.

Maybe that isn't as big of an issue as I am making it out to be.

hammertime

Reaction score
Superpack 15 for me. If you get a superpack doe permit you don't have to pay for it. Still have to claim it but you save the $14.

Dirigoboy

Reaction score
Son of a..............looks like I'm not gonna have to worry about any of this discussion.

JDK

Reaction score
Son of a..............looks like I'm not gonna have to worry about any of this discussion.
I was the only one out of our family. My son has a super pack Licence also

I was the only one that I personally know that got one statewide

Huntermc6

Reaction score
I'm the only one I know in Zone 15 that didn't get drawn. Starting to think I filled the application out wrong.

Mdanforth

Reaction score
All 4 of us drew tags, 3 here in 16 and I managed one in 12 which had only 380 available. I didn’t draw with my super pack but drew as a landowner....first permit in 12 for us in years..

WetWool

Reaction score
I drew 25 and my son 26. Still have some reservations about the new system but recognize people just weren't using the doe tags before waiting for their buck. $14 is cheap meat and hopefully the state will hold to their word on buying up wintering areas.

Latest posts