That's a wrap for me.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Had a great hunt yesterday morning. Worked my way up to check some cameras on a few ridges. I decided I wanted to hunt my way east and see what was going on with that side of the mountain. At 7:30 I cut a track coming off the top and headed in the direction I wanted to hunt. It wasn't a big track, and with only a half inch of snow at best, it was impossible to see edges. I could get a pretty good idea in the beeches that it wasn't a huge deer by any means. I figured I'd follow it for a while and see where it brought me, so if it scraped, rubbed or even peed some place to tell me what I was following.

After about an hour on the track I spotted a buck going away from me on a walk with another unidentified deer, which I assume was a doe. They went over a small revive. There was a small knob to my right that I could climb up and possibly see the buck if they turned to their right while in the ravine. Then I spot a deer going left to right to me with his head down, picks up his head and it's a buck. I had checked my camera at daylight and had a basket 8 on it that morning two hours prior and just assumed it was him. The buck was in no hurry and going to walk into a perfect shooting lane. I waited, grunted. When he stopped I had already settled behind the shoulder. BOOM.... smoke cleared and he had gone 30 yards and down. No thrashing, nothing.......... Very quick.

He dressed out at 131 lbs. It was about an hour drag to a logging road where my friend had moved my truck to for me, and met me there.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Nice tracking job. Does that mean you are out of tags? Congratulations. I still have 2 tags but the freezer is full so I am taking the morning off.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Awesome! sounds like an exciting hunt! decent amount of bucks in there too! hot doe?

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day, congrats Shawn! Thinking of any heading on any other hunts or are you done for the year?

Latest posts