Texas Bobcat

D Harry

Reaction score
Picked it up last month..Rough Country Taxidermy, Del Rio, Texas,

Bobcat Mount.jpg

mowbizz

Reaction score
I’m sure it was a nice bobcat but the taxidermy job just does not look natural to me. Sorry.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
bobcats are a tough mount to pull off. My first thought when seeing yours LB was " NO!!!! I'm not baked!!!". I'm assuming you're not impressed since it looks like it's hanging in a basement or unfinished room.

The OP's cat reminds me of Merton Hanks......

longbow

Reaction score
bobcats are a tough mount to pull off. My first thought when seeing yours LB was " NO!!!! I'm not baked!!!". I'm assuming you're not impressed since it looks like it's hanging in a basement or unfinished room.

The OP's cat reminds me of Merton Hanks......
Just joking it’s not really mine LOL

Grandkid

Reaction score
Well it looks like a cat.....just not a natural pose....:roll eyes:

Roger

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Very few taxidermists can pull off bobcats. I say the same for brook trout. I call them "attempts".

I try to always preface my criticism of any one person's taxidermy that at the end of the day, if the customer is happy with the product, no one else's opinion really matters. When it comes to taxidermy, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, Cody Gould of Crown of Maine Taxidermy does phenomenal bobcat work (IMO) and really just great taxidermy work in general. You can look him up on Facebook to find more pictures of his work.

Attachments

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Very few taxidermists can pull off bobcats. I say the same for brook trout. I call them "attempts".

I try to always preface my criticism of any one person's taxidermy that at the end of the day, if the customer is happy with the product, no one else's opinion really matters. When it comes to taxidermy, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, Cody Gould of Crown of Maine Taxidermy does phenomenal bobcat work (IMO) and really just great taxidermy work in general. You can look him up on Facebook to find more pictures of his work.
Now those are some excellent Bobcat mounts !

NH Hunter

Reaction score
So show us YOUR Bobcat mount....
Me? I don't have one. We don't have a bobcat season in NH. What do you think of the work NorthMaine posted? Pretty realistic looking cat huh? It's actually by far the best one I've ever seen a picture of. Your thoughts?