Teriyaki marinated venison steak

OutdoorsmanNH

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you guys already have this recipe but for those who don't you'll enjoy it. My wife wouldn't ever eat venison unless I hid it somehow. At first I started with shepherd's pie doing 50% beef burger and,50% venison burger. She never noticed.
Teriyaki marinated venison steak:
Depending on how much steak you cook will depend on the amount of the ingredients...
1/2 cup of cooking oil,1/2 cup soy sauce,1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, few splashes of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of OJ and yes a half a cup of brown sugar. Mix it up well and add your steak to it in a Ziploc bags and remove the air. Marinate it atleast 24 hours. I let mine marinate 2-3 days.
Throw it on the grill and it's delicious. Just about every person who told me that they didn't like venison or would never eat it I've done this marinade for and didn't say anything until dinner was over. Never had any complaints and everyone loved it and asked for the ingredients
Enjoy!

benny8

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! Even though my whole family likes the taste of venison, we have marinated over night in a bottle of soy sauce and a cup of brown sugar. We use a whole backstrap. Once marinated we wrap it in bacon and bake it for 35 minutes. It is awesome. Sorry for hijacking.

OutdoorsmanNH

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! Even though my whole family likes the taste of venison, we have marinated over night in a bottle of soy sauce and a cup of brown sugar. We use a whole backstrap. Once marinated we wrap it in bacon and bake it for 35 minutes. It is awesome. Sorry for hijacking.
Aaron that's not hijacking that's what this forum is for! You definitely can't mess anything up with bacon. I do go heavy on the brown sugar. It's damn delicious!

Latest posts