taxidermy advice

amclimber

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions of a good taxidermist within a couple hours drive of Concord, NH. In the past, my uncle did my mounts for me, and I'm spoiled by the level of detail and craftsmanship he put into my mounts. Sadly he passed away a couple years ago after a many year battle with cancer. Also, I'm curious what the "going rate" is for a shoulder mount. Feel free to PM the pricing.

Thanks, and I'll be sure to post a recap in the next few days.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Leon Verville Loudon NH 603-783-3394. If he's full you can try Ed Kenelius.(sp). You will pay a heavy fee for both but hands down the best work in the state IMO. I have a buck done by Leon from 2007. Seriously looks like I picked it up yesterday.

amclimber

Reaction score
Thanks NH Hunter! I called Leon earlier today. Covid shut down his tannery for multiple months earlier this year, so he is still trying to get last years done. As such, he couldn't take as many in this year and he's fully booked. I feel bad for the guy. Hope he makes it through ok. I had heard that Ed is also top notch, so I'll check in with him. Didn’t know if there are some other less well known guys that do a great job?

mowbizz

Reaction score
I would have recommended you to a young lady that does nice work but alas, she is training the buyer of her business and is not taking new work. I don’t know how the trainee will work out but time will tell.

nhbowhunter

Reaction score
I would have recommended you to a young lady that does nice work but alas, she is training the buyer of her business and is not taking new work. I don’t know how the trainee will work out but time will tell.
She did very good work, sad to see her getting out of the biz.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Look at pictures and find work that you like. Taxidermy is very subjective, there is a lot of bad work out there that people think is amazing. At the end of the day, if you think it looks good, that's all that matters. Realistically, there is a right and wrong when it comes to anatomy and details, but the average person doesn't know what to look for and only looks at the antlers on the wall, not the details around it.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
That is fantastic!!! You will live the hunt every time you look at it, Congrats on a fine buck.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Looks great!!!! Picking up a mount you've been waiting for is about as close to feeling like you're 7 on xmas morning again as we can ever replicate. I haven't heard of the taxidermist. Where is he located?

amclimber

Reaction score
He's in the Derry area. I think last year was his first year doing it full time. He has done ducks and coyote that you would swear are about to walk away. Really amazing work.

Latest posts