Target buck spotted

NH-Archer

Reaction score
I have a buck spotted, he's been in the same spot for a month. Time to get serious.
deer_3.jpgbuck_8-25-19.jpg

NH-Archer

Reaction score
I'm going to attempt a man made blind in the hedgerow. They pass by at 20 yards or so. 3 bucks and a doe. Wind will be the factor. I'm going today, to place 2 cameras to find exactly where the enter the field.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I'm going to attempt a man made blind in the hedgerow. They pass by at 20 yards or so. 3 bucks and a doe. Wind will be the factor. I'm going today, to place 2 cameras to find exactly where the enter the field.
I did t think bucks hung with does...usually in bachelor groups. Perhaps those are spikes or buttons?
Oops I just saw “3 bucks and a doe”
Thought you said a buck and 3 does...

longbow

Reaction score
Is this private property or could others screw you up?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
What if 3 other guys have been seeing the same deer? Would that mean he's "screwing them up"? ;) JK

Good luck Mo. I hope you get a tag in his ear. I'm sure it's tough in southern NH. Especially fields. Do you guys have as many acorns down there? Central part of the state seems to be pretty loaded. Oaks up here are probably 65/35 sporting nuts. Saw a few beech trees with nuts as well. Apples seem to be plentiful also. I have some wild trees I need to sneak back to and check on.

longbow

Reaction score
I just had a thought maybe we could get a bunch of Hunting Chat members together and surround the field. Darn buck would like a pin cushion when we were done with him.;)

NH-Archer

Reaction score
It's private property, but... I just spoke to a guy last night, that has permission to hunt AND knows about the bucks. :mad:
To my surprise, the other hunter said that he will stay away from that area, because I'm on it. He seems like a nice guy, see what happens.
As for acorns, we have plenty... lots of food around.

longbow

Reaction score
Did you go in yet to put cameras like you said? That is risky. Won't take much to put them on alert and make them nocturnal. Maybe during a midday thunderstorm.

I might just stay out and wait for some rain, and go to the edge of the field and clear out two spots for different winds.

Your call, just some thoughts.

NH-Archer

Reaction score
Did you go in yet to put cameras like you said?
I did. And.... luck would have it, the wind was blowing East to West, which as I found out, didn't "blow it".
I later watched them get out of their bed, an hour later. We'll see if I botched this up.

longbow

Reaction score
I did. And.... luck would have it, the wind was blowing East to West, which as I found out, didn't "blow it".
I later watched them get out of their bed, an hour later. We'll see if I botched this up.
Not really following what you are saying. How did you see them in their beds?

Grandkid

Reaction score
Just give me the coordinates and I can fix it so they will stay right where they are.:D

Roger-

NH-Archer

Reaction score
just an update... I haven't see any deer in 2 weeks. But, Saturday evening he made an appearance, at 7pm, with several other deer.
To make things more fun, there is another hunter on this property, which we agreed on this section was mine, until yesterday afternoon, when he texted me about hunting there.
Needless to say, our friendly agreement went to shit.