swollen lymph node

pigman

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten many answers , I still have a swollen lymph node...they did ct scans and said they don't see anything that concerns them I went off my humiea and put myself on a better diet and seem to be doing well other then the annoying node...thanks for the thoughts

Paul/NH

Reaction score
pigman... do you feel that "they" - ie your medical team - is "fully engaged," competent, and giving you enough attention/answers? If not - I would find a second opinion from someone highly rated, get authorization to go out of network, or pay the higher out-of-pocket. I know that is easier said than done, but this is your health and peace of mind we are talking about here - what is more important after food, clothing and heat for you and your family? This has been going on for quite some time...

VTwoodchuck

Reaction score
odd timing

Sitting in the Waiting room of the CVU now. Thought I would check in on HC. A family member has a suspicious lymph node that the want to biopsy guided by CT. It is in a tricky location, close to the aorta and spine. They are performing a planning scan now, to help determine if the best access is through the front or back. They will also check the size. Im thinking if it hasn't grown since the last CT ( about a month), that we will wait and monitor rather than biopsy.

strings54

Reaction score
At the very beginning of my fight with cancer not knowing for sure and waiting on all the test was the worst. It eats away at your mind and causes stress. Hang tight and don't give up till you are satisfied with the info and the treatment the doctors give you. Good luck with the outcome either way it will all work out.

lab44

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At the very beginning of my fight with cancer not knowing for sure and waiting on all the test was the worst. It eats away at your mind and causes stress. Hang tight and don't give up till you are satisfied with the info and the treatment the doctors give you. Good luck with the outcome either way it will all work out.
I agree 100%. Man's biggest fear is the "fear of the unknown". Make sure you're proactive in your own medical treatments. Hang in there.

pigman

Reaction score
I have had a lot of blood tests and ct scans and nothing has come up, maybe I'm just paranoid? They think maybe chrohns disease? Colonosocopy next....yay