swollen lymph node

pigman

Reaction score
Anyone ever have a swollen lymph node? I have one on the ride side of my neck. Dr said he thinks its lymphadenopathy But did no test, the idea of lymphoma is freaking me out

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Anyone ever have a swollen lymph node? I have one on the ride side of my neck. Dr said he thinks its lymphadenopathy But did no test, the idea of lymphoma is freaking me out
I had one swell up near my junk about 10 years ago. I thought I was going to be the next lance armstrong. Fortunatly it was just where my tool pouch buckle had pressed into it and caused it to swell. I hope it's nothing. I imagine it's a pretty tough thing to try and pay no attention to though.... Hope all works out well.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Had one swell behind my ear a couple times...back when I was a kid and didn't know any better. Didn't do or say anything to anybody, but they went away. If it happened again, I'd get it checked at this stage of my life.

SwampSavage

Reaction score
I had one swell up near my junk about 10 years ago. I thought I was going to be the next lance armstrong. Fortunatly it was just where my tool pouch buckle had pressed into it and caused it to swell. I hope it's nothing. I imagine it's a pretty tough thing to try and pay no attention to though.... Hope all works out well.
X2

Escout711

Reaction score
I am a 9 year lymphoma survivor, so I genuinely understand and sympathize with your concern. Here's the thing, lymph nodes get swollen all the time as a result of your immune system battling a bug of some form. If you have had a recent ear, sinus, or throat infection, a swollen lymph node is to be expected. How long have you had it? Has it shrunk at all? Is it soft or hard? Can it be moved around when you touch it, or is it rooted firmly in place? Lumps from lymphoma are generally very firm, fixed solidly in place, and they do not shrink. It sounds like you did the right thing by going to get looked at, early detection is very important. I was stupid, I ignored a marble sized lump on the left side of my neck for nearly 2 years before being seen. By the time I got diagnosed, that marble sized lump was now the size of a chicken egg, and my spleen was 3 times its normal size. I was an advanced stage 3, and doctors gave me only a 25% chance of surviving 6 months. Again, good job getting checked. Trust your doctors, and do not try to self diagnose yourself on WebMD.

pigman

Reaction score
In about 3 1/2 weeks its gone down twice, usuaaly comes back within a day or so...I can't really feel it that great but it is pretty sore and tender...I am on humira and work in a lot of wood dust so that's what makes me nervous

Escout711

Reaction score
A month really is not that long. Maybe the wood dust is causing allergies. If it makes you feel any better, my lump was not ever sore or tender, lumps from lymphoma are generally painless.

hnter1018

Reaction score
Like above i had one near The nether region swell. It went away. My wifes swell with black fly bites and occasionally swells for what seems to be no reason. Hope everything works out for you

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Hang in there Pigman. Listen to the doctor but, don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion if the symptoms continue. Did he schedule a follow up visit if the symptoms persist?

ajsoma

Reaction score
Its probably the humira which is an immunosuppressant....this would be common side effect....

If you aren't having fevers and night sweats I wouldn't worry

pigman

Reaction score
By the way congrats on being a survivor can only imagine the stress you had to deal with ....did you ever have stomach pain or feel full? My lower stomach has been cramping/full feeling not sure if its just from stress

Escout711

Reaction score
By the way congrats on being a survivor can only imagine the stress you had to deal with ....did you ever have stomach pain or feel full? My lower stomach has been cramping/full feeling not sure if its just from stress
Thanks, I appreciate the thoughts. I had pain from my spleen being so swollen. I was on a rugby team at the time, and I guess one shot could have popped the sucker, but I was young and stupid. One morning, I woke up and it felt like someone stabbed me in the stomach, and I knew it was time to go get looked at. Not sure where your stomach pain is, but the spleen is located on the left side of the abdomen, below the ribs. If this has been going on for a month, that really isn't a very long time. If you are really concerned, a CT scan or a biopsy would be appropriate.

pigman

Reaction score
Swelling has gone done some ...still little swollen but not bad...comforting, just gotta figure out what all the stomach pain is from? Dr appt tomorrow

SAB1

Reaction score
I to am a survivor of lymphoma. Been clean 5 years. Just keep a watch on it. Glad you went to the doctor. If anything ever swells or hurts out of the blue for no reason it is always bet to get checked out. I learned that. God forbid any of you guys ever have to go thru it but if you ever experience night sweats for no reason get your fanny to the doctor. Cancer effects so many people now. Research and funding is always needed.

Escout711

Reaction score
I to am a survivor of lymphoma. Been clean 5 years. Just keep a watch on it. Glad you went to the doctor. If anything ever swells or hurts out of the blue for no reason it is always bet to get checked out. I learned that. God forbid any of you guys ever have to go thru it but if you ever experience night sweats for no reason get your fanny to the doctor. Cancer effects so many people now. Research and funding is always needed.
Well said. Never, ever think "it can't happen to me."