Swapping synthetic to walnut?

SwampSavage

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried the search function to no avail on here. I could of sworn I read on here that when swapping a 7600 synthetic stock to walnut there was something extra that needed to be done to ensure no cracking etc, maybe particularly in the fore end? Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

SwampSavage

Reaction score
Well good then! I’m sure it was one of my quick click and reads on here and I jumbled multiple posts together. I have been considering buying one of the Grice run .35 whelen carbines but just a personal rule all my firearms need to be blued and walnut. I have 3 other 7600’s in .35 whelen now but they are full length barrels. I figured it’s just as easy to cut and crown one of them but didn’t like the idea it wouldn’t be stamped carbine as it should like my other model 750 whelen. Anyway, thanks!

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I called Remington today and ordered a walnut stock and forend for my 35 Whelen carbine. According to the person I spoke to there, it is just a matter of screwing on and off. Will post results.

Reaction score
I called Remington today and ordered a walnut stock and forend for my 35 Whelen carbine. According to the person I spoke to there, it is just a matter of screwing on and off. Will post results.
The one you ordered is it a straight comb ?