Suspenders?

WetWool

Reaction score
Perhaps like some of you, as a middle age man, I find myself with a continually worsening case of NO-ASS with each passing year. In fact, at this point, I dare say its chronic to the point where I'm seriously considering a pair of suspenders for my woolies if it will help. I hate constanly hitching up my pants but also worry that they will bug me across the top of the shoulders. I can handle the ridicule from my son if the benefit is there.😁 We sit far more than walk, maybe there is a better belt option I'm missing also? Looking forward to hearing from any of HC membership that might be afflicted with the same condition, thanks in advance.

WetWool

Reaction score
If you aren't there yet Jay, get ready, its just a matter of time!

mowbizz

Reaction score
I wear them in firearm seasons…they help a lot especially if carrying a sidearm.
I find you can leave your belt looser with them for more breathability (I sweat if moving)
Never thought there was any shoulder issues from them (maybe a little as they are only worn during hunting and ice fishing)
Mine have the clips that clip on the pants, not the button type. Oh and I have “no ass” too! 😂

groundtender

Reaction score
Anyone ever had the SUDDEN urge to take a crap while hunting when wearing suspenders? You just about have to strip naked versus letting your pants down and let it fly. Don’t wear them anymore myself, suspenders that is. And my ass fell off a few years ago

JDK

Reaction score
Eric

I may have a pair that you can have. I'll look and bring them down in a few weeks if I have them.

WetWool

Reaction score
I will admit, groundtender has me a little concerned with the "call of nature" angle that I hadn't thought about, could be a deal breaker! 😁

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I have a ratcheting belt, made by Mission belts. They do hold better than traditional belts.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Of course, coveralls are murder also. And make sure you don't crap on them after you pull them behind you. I've heard of that happening before.....:rolleyes:
I remember one time my dad and his friend Walter we’re getting out of my Jeep wagoner for a morning hunt in VT…Walter had a comical way about him and made us all laugh a lot. Well, as we were all standing and waiting to enter the woods, Walter exclaims, “Dammit! I need to take a dump!” So he walks quickly behind the Jeep a few yards into the dark woods to do the deed…a couple minutes later we hear “Jeezuz Cripes… I shit on my suspenders!” I think between the 3 of us laughing out loud in the pre-dawn woods we may have alerted any deer within a sq mile!
Walter will not be forgotten…rest his soul!

Last edited:

Browseline

Reaction score
I've worn suspenders when deer or antler hunting for the last 40 years. My pants pockets full of stuff tend to pull my pants down. I like my hunting pants very loose and baggy, as tight pants would wear me out quicker stepping over rocks and blowdowns and climbing mountains. Plus I used to blow out the crotches of my pants if they were too tight. I started to lose my ass a few years ago. My older friends used to complain about this and I laughed at them but not any more. I find suspenders that are 1.5 or more inches wide very comfortable.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I wear them all the time and yes it is a problem when nature calls. I have taken my vest and coat off in a hurry multiple times with a few close calls.

Funny story I will share. James who lets us use his hunting camp in Hersey Maine was deer hunting up there and let out a juicy fart one morning. He was too far from camp and did not want to go back to camp to change. He dropped his pants and finished his business took out his pocket knife and cut the brown spot in his shorts. Laugh every time I think of this.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Just get a some pairs of bibs. The suspenders are built right in, and they are warmer and more comfortable.

Latest posts