Superpack doe

MGK

Reaction score
With the pouring rain this morning I decided to put some miles on and cruise some new ground. Right out of the truck I jumped a deer in the beech whips. Got close but you pretty much would have to step on one where I was. A little while later I catch another deer at about 40 yards but couldn’t make out the head so I let it go. Cruised up the ridge and the old cut turned into some gorgeous old growth. I knew with how quiet the walking was it was going to be a matter of time before I bumped into a doe. I dropped down off the top of the ridge and came face to face with a cow moose. I was able to call her in to under 10 yards with a few soft grunts. We parted ways and I dropped down a little more into the cut and found another cow and calf. The cow came right up the old skid road and we were almost shaking hands. After she headed up the ridge I dropped down some more and out of the cut. I was walking down the edge of swampy area when I look to my right and see a doe walking at 50 yards with her head down. Leveled the bead on her and hit her twice before she piled up. The old 760 .35 Rem is growing on me. Fantastic day in the woods. She dressed at 122lbs 3381CA98-BF6E-4C52-A68D-095FE131A2DD.jpeg C168EC7B-4C05-42FF-BBA3-4C863D64CEE0.jpeg

WetWool

Reaction score
Atta boy. Glad you didn't part with the old girl, nothing says old school traditional Maine like the .35.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Nice eatin’ there! Congrats! Sound like you were in a the right spot! By the way, What is a “superpack”? I don’t get that adjective…😊

Last edited:

hammertime

Reaction score
A super pack license includes almost everything most people buy. Hunting, fishing, archery, muzzleloader, turkey etc. But it also includes a chance into a special lottery for a bonus doe tag. It also includes your $15 moose lottery chance

Latest posts