Stoughton ConCom meeting about hunting

bassface

Reaction score
I am giving a short presentation to the Stoughton ConCom tonight on a separate subject but when I looked at the agenda the last thing listed was entitled:
Hunting on land under the Care Custody and Control of the Conservation Commission

I have no idea what it is about but I plan on stickin around to find out. I thought I would at least mention it here in case someone else knows something about it or in case others wished to attend.

I will try and post what I find out after the meeting as well

bassface

Reaction score
Hunting already is allowed on Conservation lands by my understanding. I am worried that this is heading the other direction. That is why I am planning on sticking around and at least voicing my opinion if I can. The title is pretty vague though as to what may actually be discussed. I thought it best to at least make people aware though

Reaction score
Bill I might pop in since I spend a lot of time there, however there isn't much conservation land in stoughton except for the Birds St. land which is like 5k acres already open to hunting... interesting

bassface

Reaction score
That is what concerned me right off the bat. If the thought was to limit or ban hunting on the Bird St property I would be very concerned. Only way to find out though is to either call the Conservation Agent or attend the meeting. I am already going to be there so I will just stick around and see what goes down

bassface

Reaction score
NO MEETING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

not enough commissioners could make it for a quorum tonight so the meeting has been cancelled. Next meeting on Oct. 18th. No word on if the hunting line item on the agenda will be on the next one. I will keep everyone posted....ha get it...posted?

Latest posts