Spypoint Camera

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
Any good or bad reviews regarding these?

I've been running cheap WGI cams for the past decade. It's time to upgrade and I'd like some satellite cams.

mowbizz

Reaction score

I've been running cheap WGI cams for the past decade. It's time to upgrade and I'd like some satellite cams.
Do you mean CELLULAR cameras? I wasn’t aware there were satellite cams…wouldn’t surprise me though.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score

We're on the same page here. I've been running the $40 WGI cams forever and they were "good enough". I missed WAY too many pics this year though. I'm not going cellular though. I don't want to pay the monthly fees and many of my spots don't have cell service anyway. I'll be reading a lot of reviews this winter though, so if I see anything impactful on the spypoints, I'll pass it along.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I had a few cameras crap out this year. A couple Brownings which I loved, and one cheap WGI that was so-so. I had a pile of Cabelas points and gift cards that I used to pick up a Reconyx. I’d never spend that much out of pocket for a camera but this was free money so to speak. I hung it today near some hemlock we’ve been cutting. I replaced the other cams with some cheap ones. I picked one of these up last year and it seems okay for the money, so I grabbed two more. I’d like to get back to hanging cams on signposts up north again and these should work well for that with video and sound.

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
We're on the same page here. I've been running the $40 WGI cams forever and they were "good enough". I missed WAY too many pics this year though. I'm not going cellular though. I don't want to pay the monthly fees and many of my spots don't have cell service anyway. I'll be reading a lot of reviews this winter though, so if I see anything impactful on the spypoints, I'll pass it along.
I believe you get 100 photos a month for free with a spy point.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Judging by facebook commentary, I would never buy a spypoint camera.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Last year while scouting for moose my sub permittee bought two of the spy points. We hung one in a spot with average to better service. I strapped a Browning Recon FHD under it to see if the cell cams were as good as the cams we had been running. The short answer...... not even close. He only had maybe a quarter of the pictures that the browning captured. I had a bear, and a bobcat for multiple videos on the Browning, and he was never delivered a picture of either, nothing on the card either.

He did the same as Travis ..... He had a bunch of Cabela's cards and points so he picked up a Reconyx. That thing is impressive, but they are almost 400.00 each.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Shitload of horrible reviews with the spypoints

Look at tacticams
I agree with this. Have been very happy with my 2 tactacam Reveal X. One friend had good luck w/ Spypoint for 1 year then they both died on him and horrible customer service. Another friend got 2 seasons out of his Spypoint so far, but the detection range seems to be falling off.
One limitation about the Tactacam is that it will not take a 2nd picture until the first one is saved and sent. With 1/2 strength signal, the best I will get in between pictures is about 45 seconds. Last night I had 4 does in front of the camera I got a pic at 17:22:19 and the next pic was 17:23:09. I watched a video review and a guy had full cell signal strength and walked around in front of the camera for 1 minute with camera set for no delay between pics and he got 8 pics in that time. Not bad but it could definitely miss something in between

NoLuckBuck

Reaction score
I have two SPYPOINT link micros and couldn’t be happier with them…make sure you follow ALL of the instructions they give you on their website I didn’t format the sd cards so I was only receiving half of the photos to my phone. I plan on buying more without hesitation. Oh and don’t forget to update the software all done on the sd card it is easy SPYPOINT has multiple how to videos

Latest posts