Sports Cars?

Wandling

Reaction score
I found this picture of the 1974 Plymouth Duster that I bought used in 1975, I think? It had about 9000 miles on it. The sticker price new was about $3100 and I paid about $2000 as best as I remember. Had a 4 speed manual transmission and unlike my Nova SS was high geared and would top out about 135 miles an hour. A powerfull car. It was a good car and I had it for 3 years I think. My younger brother is on the left. Not sure what was going on but somebody must have died for us to both be wearing suits.

View attachment 23344
Are you sure it was a 74? 1973 was the last year for the 340. My dad has a 74 that was originally a red with white stripes 360, bucket seats, console and air conditioning. White interior and white vinyl top. It has a big block 383 now. 77AC27BC-8554-4353-B8B9-1AFA9D759C66.jpeg7A4C9EBE-F5C4-48E6-9059-01A4E3788036.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Browseline

Reaction score
You are right Wandling. It has to be a 1973. Not sure why I thought it was a 1974. Thanks for pointing this out. I remember buying it sometime in 1974 but can't remember when.

It had a couple of glass packs on it and was very loud. I sold it a few years later and never had any trouble with the state or local police. About 2 days after I sold it a State Police cruiser came into my yard at high speed. 2 troopers got out and the one I knew well, walked up to me and said " Have you lost you F..king mind!" I said what is wrong? He said " I've had 4 different complaints in the last 2 hours about speeding, squealing tires and noise. No one else around here has a car like yours. Where is your car"? I said " I don't know where it is, I sold it the other day." He said, well that explains it. I thought you had gone nuts. I told him who I sold it to and they both headed off to see him. He was a good trooper. He stopped in while I was building my first house quite a few times, asking a lot of questions. I helped him a little on his house a few years later.