Sports Cars?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone have a sports car? Past or present. Post a picture and tell something about it.
I've had mine for almost two years. 2015 Camaro SS, 6.2 liter V8, manual trans, 3100 miles. Pretty much stock except for a cold air intake, muffler delete, and some chrome on the engine. Just got the windows tinted yesterday. Keep it in storage over the winter and only drive it on nice days. Wife wants me tell sell it, but I won't. 😃😃 Not sure why the pictures doubled up, there is only one...
IMG_3252.jpgIMG_3252.jpgIMG_3251.jpgIMG_3251.jpgView album “Recents”.jpgIMG_2264.jpg. JustIMG_3242.jpg

Browseline

Reaction score
This is the closest vehicle I've had to a sportscar. I bought it in early 1970 with about 7000 miles on it. It was a 1969 Chevy Nova SS 350, 4 speed. The guy that bought it ordered it with a pretty low gear in the rear end as top speed was 105 miles an hour. It didn't take long to get there if I could keep the tires from spinning. I paid about $1700 for it and it listed new for about $2700 as best as I can remember. I put dual glasspack mufflers on it. You couldn't get away now with all the noise it made. For its time it was a nice handling, powerful car but nothing like what is out there now.

Attachments

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
That most definitely is a sports car Ted! Very nice .would be nice to have that now to take for a cruise once in a while. Probably worth 20 times what you paid for it now.

tobydog

Reaction score
LB- Rented one of those camaros about a year ago when my truck went in for service. very fun to drive...keep it.
BL - my favorite car when I was a kid the, Nova SS:) my brother and I were always on the look out for them from the back seat of my mother's '73 Dodge Dart.

JDK

Reaction score
Nice cars. I’m not a car guy but have always wanted a MG and/or an older Mustang

WetWool

Reaction score
Nice cars. I’m not a car guy but have always wanted a MG and/or an older Mustang
I had bought my wife a little mustang convertible 5-6 years ago for Mothers Day but sold it to a guy last spring to help pay for daughter's tuition without telling her first. She was a little upset initially but eventually got over it....... I think. 😁

Gwlambo

Reaction score
LB - hell of a garage! I have a boat about to go on the market and it has your name on it.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I’d love to upgrade but I just bought my wife a new car. What are you selling?
In turn, what is the boat you have in your garage? (looks like a Starcraft) as I Am in the market for a trolling boat! :D

NH Hunter

Reaction score
What's the old yellow car in the back , and do I see an older mustang in one of those pics? What's the blue car in the pic where we can see the Esso sign?

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
LB - hell of a garage! I have a boat about to go on the market and it has your name on it.
Here's the story, for you and others inquiring. I have mentioned before that I am retired from my career job and now work on a large estate as a caretaker. The estate is 135 acres, house, and the buildings. The garage where my car is parked is part of a 40,000 square foot, two level garage/building on the estate.
The owner does not live there. Only comes up for a day or two/month if that. I am there all by myself everyday working, cutting grass, plowing, cleaning cars, or whatever.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the old yellow car in the back , and do I see an older mustang in one of those pics? What's the blue car in the pic where we can see the Esso sign?
Yellow car is an Auburn. The blue car is a Chevelle SS 396. There are corvettes in there also. He has 50 or more cars, vettes, Ferrari's, BMW(the real fast one), name it.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Are the keys in them?😄
Yes, all registered and insured. I drive them on occasion. He only has about 50 cars now, when his Dad owned the place(before passing), there were 200.

I drive the ATV's all the time. He has 10 of them all different models, side by sides, and regular. A lot of work... 😃

JDK

Reaction score
I had a Crestliner very similar to that, a FishHawk 1750SC. Liked the boat, hated the outboard. After the boys left, I got rid of it. Told myself I'd never own another boat with carpet.

That is one heck of a garage.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a Crestliner very similar to that, a FishHawk 1750SC. Liked the boat, hated the outboard. After the boys left, I got rid of it. Told myself I'd never own another boat with carpet.

That is one heck of a garage.
I bought the boat new in 2005 with the 60 hp Mercury. Crestliner 18 Canadian. Has been a good boat, no problems with the engine, the floor(vinyl) is soft in a few places though. Added the 6hp for trolling a few years ago.

I talked about the garage in the "Sports Car" thread.

JDK

Reaction score
Yes, I liked the boat and thought it was one of the best riding aluminum boats I have ever been in. I did have to replace the floor and decking in mine. The outboard, Mercury 50 Bigfoot, was very problematic.