Some states got it right.....

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Gun shops are necessary!!! I made a loop in southern NH yesterday. Started in Boscawen at Marshalls, from there we hit Wildlife taxidermy where they had 4 handguns left. Then Basspro where they took your cell phone number and sent you a text to let you in as they are only allowing 50 people at a time. I was on a mission to pick up a Sig p938 or a Kimber Micro in 9mm. After a 20 minute wait in the truck we were called in. I made my way to the gun counter area where I was met with barrier and told I needed to register to talk to the sales staff behind the counter. She told me there was at least a one hour wait. I decided I wasn't interested in that procedure and Shooters outpost would be opening in an hour. I pointed my truck towards Shooters. They have changed their hours to 1-6 except for Thursday night open until 8pm. When we pulled in there was at least 25 vehicles. It was 12:47 and pretty damn raw out. There was already 34 people standing in line to get in. I made my way over to find out if there was a limit they were allowing in at once. I was told 10 upstairs , 10 downstairs. Since it was so cold and raw out, and I knew I wanted to go upstairs as most of them, I figured I'd be in line for at least an hour. That did not interest me either. I then made my way to the Barnstore where they were not very busy, did have the Sig I wanted but it was the single magazine kit not the 3 magazine kit for 689.00. An extra Mag would cost 43.00. I didn't "need" it that bad. I made a phone call to Al's Armory in Merrideth where He answered the phone " Hello Al's Armory , I'm out of 12ga, 9mm and 45 acp, how can I help you?" He didn't have the Sig I wanted. I called Skips gun shop in Bristol. I asked if she had a Sig and she started to laugh at me and said " are you kidding??!!" She then listed off the last 5 9mm's that were in the shop.

I ended up back at Marshalls where I bought a Sig p938 .380 but he's out of ammo "might have some next week". This morning I woke up and realized there is a newer shop just up from my house in Danbury. I took a ride up there where I was able to find ammo for my .380, the .45 I already own and the newly purchased Glock 43 I "needed". Now the last problem is the background checks are so far behind neither of the firearms will be cleared for pick up until Weds and Thurs at the latest. But I did do my part the last couple days to "keep the economy stimulated". If anyone in central NH is looking for ammo Gungewan is very well stocked right now.

everyone stay safe, sane and take care.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I just mailed in my renewal application. I want to keep my PP current in case the NH dems try to change the cc laws back. My town is still processing permits.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Gun shops are necessary!!! I made a loop in southern NH yesterday. Started in Boscawen at Marshalls, from there we hit Wildlife taxidermy where they had 4 handguns left. Then Basspro where they took your cell phone number and sent you a text to let you in as they are only allowing 50 people at a time. I was on a mission to pick up a Sig p938 or a Kimber Micro in 9mm. After a 20 minute wait in the truck we were called in. I made my way to the gun counter area where I was met with barrier and told I needed to register to talk to the sales staff behind the counter. She told me there was at least a one hour wait. I decided I wasn't interested in that procedure and Shooters outpost would be opening in an hour. I pointed my truck towards Shooters. They have changed their hours to 1-6 except for Thursday night open until 8pm. When we pulled in there was at least 25 vehicles. It was 12:47 and pretty damn raw out. There was already 34 people standing in line to get in. I made my way over to find out if there was a limit they were allowing in at once. I was told 10 upstairs , 10 downstairs. Since it was so cold and raw out, and I knew I wanted to go upstairs as most of them, I figured I'd be in line for at least an hour. That did not interest me either. I then made my way to the Barnstore where they were not very busy, did have the Sig I wanted but it was the single magazine kit not the 3 magazine kit for 689.00. An extra Mag would cost 43.00. I didn't "need" it that bad. I made a phone call to Al's Armory in Merrideth where He answered the phone " Hello Al's Armory , I'm out of 12ga, 9mm and 45 acp, how can I help you?" He didn't have the Sig I wanted. I called Skips gun shop in Bristol. I asked if she had a Sig and she started to laugh at me and said " are you kidding??!!" She then listed off the last 5 9mm's that were in the shop.

I ended up back at Marshalls where I bought a Sig p938 .380 but he's out of ammo "might have some next week". This morning I woke up and realized there is a newer shop just up from my house in Danbury. I took a ride up there where I was able to find ammo for my .380, the .45 I already own and the newly purchased Glock 43 I "needed". Now the last problem is the background checks are so far behind neither of the firearms will be cleared for pick up until Weds and Thurs at the latest. But I did do my part the last couple days to "keep the economy stimulated". If anyone in central NH is looking for ammo Gungewan is very well stocked right now.

everyone stay safe, sane and take care.
In case you didn’t know, there’s a small shop that works out of their house on Murray Hill Rd in Hill called “Vets and Weapons”
He has a FB page and limited hours. Not sure what his stock is at the moment but they’re nice people.